Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    04-10-2024 05:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Marijuana use

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller View Post
    I understand that this thread is from a year ago, and I hope that you have found the information and support you needed regarding your concerns about marijuana use and bariatric surgery. It's encouraging to hear that marijuana had a positive impact on managing your insomnia and depression.
    For accurate and up-to-date information regarding the potential interaction of marijuana use with medical procedures, it's always best to consult with medical professionals who can provide personalized guidance. If you're still interested in exploring insights related to marijuana's effects and interactions, releaf.co.uk might have valuable resources to offer.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member WallyOhearn's Avatar
    Last Activity
    12-05-2023 06:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My doctor was OK with me smoking weed with the operation.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    04-10-2024 05:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

As for bariatric surgery, I think your best bet would be to have a chat with your doctor or surgeon. They'll be able to give you the most accurate information based on your specific situation. From what I've heard, vaping and certain substances can potentially impact the amount of sedation needed during surgery. My doctor allowed a bong for smoking when I was about to have my surgery.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    SheencySK
    Last Activity
    01-08-2024 06:03 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Have you discussed the potential impact of marijuana use, including vaping and other substances, on the sedation required during bariatric surgery with your doctor or surgeon? Additionally, did you experience any specific guidelines or precautions related to marijuana consumption in the period leading up to your surgery, and how did it affect your overall experience?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    SteDemWM
    Last Activity
    01-14-2024 02:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

It's essential to prioritize your health and well-being, especially when considering the impact of marijuana use on medical procedures. For those who've undergone bariatric surgery, what insights or advice would you share regarding discussions with healthcare professionals about marijuana consumption before surgery?

Sheency, since you've recently had a gastric sleeve procedure, could you shed light on any specific considerations or recommendations your doctor provided regarding marijuana use and its potential effects on the surgical process?

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    ClyabataWV
    Last Activity
    01-15-2024 09:22 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

How has marijuana use impacted your experience with bariatric surgery, and did you encounter any specific guidelines or precautions related to marijuana consumption before the procedure?
    For those who have undergone bariatric surgery, what insights or advice would you share regarding discussions with healthcare professionals about marijuana consumption before surgery?

Gastric Sleeve Member Radagaskos's Avatar
    Last Activity
    03-09-2024 05:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Seeking advice from medical professionals is key when it comes to understanding how marijuana use may affect medical procedures. I remember when a friend of mine was preparing for surgery and had questions about medical cannabis interactions.