Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Marvin
    Last Activity
    08-27-2022 10:16 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Post Starting My Journey a Second Time

Hi I'm Cindy and I had my VSG done February 2010. I was like so many others starting that journey 12 years ago with many questions, fears, and anxieties. It took time but within 2 years I went from 199 to my lowest of 128. Of course as time went by, so did my discipline. I remembered seeing people in the pre-surgery nutrition classes desperate again to get another procedure because they gained back all the weight and I wondered, wow how could this happen. Well here I am years later, 10 lbs away from my pre-surgery weight feeling terrible and asking the same question, how could I fail again? For sure I know my procedure worked and was restrictive enough, however I wasn't with my habits. I figured I needed to go back to square one when it all began and get engaged with a support community of others who understand the highs and lows. I think it's necessary not to dwell in my pity, but instead to be proactive in a commitment to change. I have been inspired so far just reading other posts and I'm thankful to everyone for sharing your stories, questions, fears, and concerns.

2. The following user said welcome Anci2009 to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents