Dr. Wayne Westmoreland
    Last Activity
    11-29-2021 09:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Red face Hello - new here!

Hello ~

I started my weight loss journey at 405 lbs in the beginning of 2020, at 28 years old, and it was at that time that I knew I needed to really crack down on my weight issue. I had been having more and more health issues as I got older - severe sleep apnea, lower back issues, foot pain, tingling in my fingers. I had to have my gallbladder removed in Sept of 2020 and when I saw the scale go over 400 something just broke inside of me.

I got a PCP and started really working on being healthier in every aspect of my life. I was tired of being in pain and just generally not feeling well. By the beginning of 2021 I had lost around 40 lbs and was beginning the journey to WLS. It was a long and stressful process but in April I had the VSG.

Now, I'm 30 and since surgery I have lost 97 lbs and am so close to hitting that 100 milestone! I'm currently at 261 - lower than I have been for most of my adult life!

I don't have many people around me that know a whole lot about WLS and I'm just here looking for friends to walk this journey with.

Good luck to everyone walking this path!
    ~Ivy

2. The following user said welcome IvyMoon to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    11/23/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr. Krikhely
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Hello - new here!

Congratulations on the weight loss and on the decision to take control of your health! You already know the beginning (after surgery) wasn't easy but it's gotten easier. I just hit my 1-year anniversary of my surgery and there are things still to learn. I had my gallbladder removed at the time of my WLS. It was really hard for me back then but ultimately the sacrifice pays off. As a result of the weight loss, I've been able to come off my CPAP machine and my high blood pressure meds. I feel better than I have for a long time. Some people feel like WLS is taking the "easy" way out. On the contrary, the "real" work starts AFTER the surgery. Many a day, I regretted having it but every day got easier. It just took some time. Even after a year, there are still some things I'm learning; some things I still cannot eat. But success comes to the diligent and focused.