Surgeon
    Dr. Jessica Zaman
    Last Activity
    09-23-2021 11:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Here I am!

Hi Everyone! My name is Amanda and I am from NY. I had my sleeve surgery completed at Albany Medical center on August 2. The scale moved REALLY fast right away. Now, I am 7 weeks post op and it is slowing. I want to start exercising but can't until I see the doctor next week. During my sleeve surgery, while doing the last set of staples and removing her tool, my dr noticed that part of my small bowels came out with it. Blood flow was compromised and so I was in the OR for 6 hours for a small bowel resection and repair. I was in the hospital 3 days longer than anticipated and was miserable for a good 2 weeks. I was able to go back to work when school started and physically I am doing really well. Mentally....this is a struggle! I still have a family that needs to eat - and needs to eat all foods...not just the little bites I can have of soft solids. I miss food. I am currently struggling with how many events in my life involve food and alcohol. Payday happy hour....no thank you. My son's birthday - cooked his favorite meal and bought his favorite cake and ice cream and watched as every one enjoyed it. I know it's not forever, and I know it will be worth it but damn.....this is HARD!

2. The following 2 users said welcome amandak to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents