Surgeon
    Dr.Ramon Rivera
    Last Activity
    01-24-2023 04:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Moving along.

I have been a Type 1 Diabetic since the age of sevan. I was struggling the last 10 years of constanty gaining wait of 10 - 15 lbs every year. I finally found a doctor said I was probable suffering from a condition sometimes called Syndrome X. after doing some research on it, it seemed to fit my issue with using a lot of Insulin through out the years. He said I was suffering from Insulin Resistance and the Gastric Sleeve would help my food intack. As a Type 1 Diabetic I ate very healthy and kept my A1C numbers very good and controlled. The only bad thing I would do is drink Beer(I'm in the Beer Business). To make a long story short my Surgery day weight was 381 at 6'2 feet tall. 7 1/2 months later I'm at 231 lbs. I am down 150 lbs and couldn't be happier. My surgery went great and the whole process so far has been pretty easy. I can eat everything I have in past just much smaller amounts. My Protein and Vitamin numbers are very good and about only issue I have is getting a little Dizzle from bending down and getting up to fast sometimes. Dr says its a sign of Dehydration. Always trying to drink but sometimes I guess I don't drink enough. I don't really have a Goal weight because I just wanted the Insulin amount to come down and knew weight would follow. I still have a Beer here and there and don't have any issue with it either. I was doing about 1,000 Units of Insulin in my Pump in 3 days, now I'm doing less than 150 units. Well just wanted to say Hello and maybe help some others as I have used this site for 2 years for info and learned a lot from it.

2. The following user said welcome AndyB to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents