Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    06-30-2021 08:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default chronic vomiting

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for anyone who has had a chronic vomiting problem following gastric sleeve surgery. My surgery was March, 2017 and I immediately began vomiting following consumption of most foods on an almost daily basis. We tried reflux meds as I had reflux disease prior to surgery, had endoscopies which found nothing, but did dilation anyway as my opening was narrow. In January, 2020, I had hernia repair and the vomiting got much worse where I had to stop working as a professor. The vomiting was sometimes unpredictable and it occurred several times per day. I changed surgeons. In Sept 2020, I was admitted to the hospital as I was unable to eat anything at all and was vomiting acid/bile. My new surgeon did a surgery and found that my sleeve had detached, moved up, folded over, and was twisted. He smoothed out and reattached the sleeve My vomiting improved to a very small degree. As of today, I am able to eat only very few foods without vomiting-oatmeal, yogurt, crackers, cookies, and ice cream. I get protein from protein water. My doctors have no idea what is causing the vomiting and are unaware of similar cases. I'm writing to find out if anyone out there has or is having a similar experience. I'm desperate. Thinking my next step may be the Mayo Clinic. Can anyone help?

2. The following 2 users said welcome B-JG to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/21/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcotte
    Last Activity
    07-01-2021 08:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 91 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: chronic vomiting

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. I have not experienced vomiting on this level but I do have occasions when I vomit everything I have eaten. I think it happens after I have eaten a bit too much or if I have alcohol. I had to learn to really watch my portions and I really don't drink much alcohol anymore due to the vomiting. I do think I have an ulcer as a result of the sleeve surgery. That's another issue. I hope you are able to find a resolution soon.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-10-2021 07:16 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: chronic vomiting

Hi, I'm regret that you have such issue