Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-07-2021 12:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Getting back on the wagon

Hi there everyone...

I had a sleeve surgery in 2013. Lots happened from then until 2019...and then came COVID...

I was very motivated for many months until my Mom became ill. Everything became about her until she died in 2019. During this time I also lost my Dad, Husband and Grandmother too. Just when I was able to concentrate on myself in 2020...the world turned upside down. Not making any excuses...But lots has happened.

With following the post surgery protocol and exercise, I was able to lose about 90 pounds. I started at 398 surgery day. I was looking and feeling so strong and pretty for change. But then, I fell off the wagon and never got back on. Being home, broken and unable to do what I wanted to, I gained about 25 pounds in 2020. I was 374 pounds. I became very sad because I felt terrible, nothing fit and I couldn't believe I was getting back to where I started. I decided to eat better, start moving again and take control of my life. Today, I am 345 and vow to be under 300 by my birthday 6/26. BUT NOW MY GALLBLADDER IS ACTING UP!!! Has anyone had Gall Bladder issued that didn't result in surgery? If so what did you do? This is the first time the pain has lasted this long. (on and off for 2 weeks) When I drink lots of water, it is better. I am making an appointment to see the doctor either way.

Any information to can share is certainly appreciated.

Thank you and be well Beautiful People,
    Crystal

2. The following 2 users said welcome Cougar50 to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting back on the wagon

I am so sorry to hear of the losses you've endured. It is understandable that your weight was not at the forefront of your mind. Hopefully, once you go to the doctor and get checked out you will be on the road to feeling better.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    11/23/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr. Krikhely
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

My condolences on your losses. That could not have been easy. Life sometimes has a was of sabotaging us at the moment we need it the least. The good thing is, you're doing what you need to do to lose the weight and get back on track.

I never knew I had gallstones until I went for a consultation with my surgeon 2+ months before my surgery. Sometimes I would have stomach pain, but never really equated it with gallbladder issues. Just assumed it was something I ate. During my consultation, he told me that gastric sleeve surgery is notorious for causing gallstones. Since I had them already, we made a plan to remove my gallbladder during my sleeve surgery. He also told me that gallbladder issues can't be predicted. Most often, gastric sleeve patients will need to have it removed 6 months after surgery, sometimes 6 years afterwards.

I am 3 months post-op today. Feeling really good and optimistic about the future. I've definitely had to make some adjustments; but anything worth having is worth the effort.

Hope you start to feel better really soon!

Last Activity
    03-07-2021 08:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

man, 2020 was really bad, and 2021 is not yet better