Gastric Sleeve Member KimmieKAllen's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    02-13-2021 01:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default New today

Hi folks. I’ve been lurking for a while trying to decide. I’m 56 tomorrow. I am so ready to make this change. I’ll be interested to read everyone’s stories and advice.

Kim

2. The following 2 users said welcome KimmieKAllen to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cindy
    Surgery date
    09/22/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr. Tsai
    Last Activity
    07-08-2021 05:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: New today

Hi! I was in the hospital having my gastric sleeve surgery on my 55th birthday. I haven't had any complications (except GERD) but for me it has been one of the hardest things I have gone through and continue to go through. I'm just being honest. Physically I feel so much better with the weight I have lost and know it will only get better as I lose the rest of this excess weight. It's the mental aspect that is hard. I have a lot of stomach aches, GERD, and still learning what my sleeved stomach can and cannot tolerate. I'm losing slow though the scale doesn't show inches lost and clothes that are way too big now. Again, this is MY experience because I read some posts where people seem to go through the journey much smoother. Each experience is different. I am 100% happy I had the surgery. You will know if and when you are ready. It's a tool but takes tremendous work, determination and a commitment to lifetime changes. Please ask if you have any specific questions. There is a lot of knowledge and experience from the folks on this forum. Please keep us posted!

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome

Being sleeved is the single best thing that I have ever done for myself.
    I'm nearly 3 1/2 years out and love my life.

I was 54 when I had my surgery. My only regret was that I wasn't in a position to have it years ago.

If you have any questions please just ask.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/23/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr. Krikhely
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Welcome, Kimmie.

My sleeve is 3 months old today. I now understand what people used to mean by "it'll get better." It actually does! I sure had my doubts during the early days. My hospital stay was only marked by severe nausea. They tried several different meds to get it under control. I had absolutely NO pain, though. Never took any of the pain medication after I got home; didn't need it. The nausea also subsided once I got home. Getting fluids down was hard. The pureed stage was the hardest for me as I couldn't wrap my head around liquified proteins! I stuck closely to my protein shakes during this phase.

When you get cleared for regular, solid food, it's mostly trial and error. You have to see what you can tolerate and what you can't. I suffer from acid reflux pretty badly. It's gotten way better, though. I take omeprazole in the morning and again in the evening. Personally, I think I was making it worse by eating too much. Still trying to figure out the difference between the "full" sensation and the GERD. I'm still a work in progress! I'm glad I had my surgery when I did. With the stay at home mandate due to COVID-19, I'm able to work out my "kinks" in private. By the time I get back in the office, I'll be the butterfly emerging from her cocoon!

I had my surgery due to several health issues. Happy to report that since losing 60+ pounds, my doctor has taken me off cholesterol and blood pressure medications. I've also come off my CPAP machine! Looking forward to getting down to my goal weight. Any questions, please feel free to ask!

Last Activity
    03-07-2021 08:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

HI! so have you done it?!

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents