08/21/2018
    Last Activity
    01-27-2024 04:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Continuing my weight loss

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been here. I have a question. Is there anyone out there that didn't totally lose all their weight? I am out 2 1/2 years from the sleeve and didn't lose all the weight my practitioner wanted me to. I lost 50 pounds, her goal for me was 135, my goal was 140. I am at 153-154 now and am happy to be here mainly because I'm not over 200 lbs. I lost most of my weight in a year and I've been maintaining ever since. Please, no judgment or mean comments, I am looking for help. I know it is my own fault that I didn't lose down to at least 140 because I was so thrilled to have lost the 50, and I suppose I thought that was good enough. I began eating many things (in moderation so I didn't gain weight again) that I shouldn't have, like all the things that made me fat to begin with. I realized I still would like to lose at least the last 15 lbs. mainly for my health, and to be honest, I still look fat (to myself). I am 5'1" so every pound shows.

My question is: Did anyone do as I did and didn't quite make it to goal? And if you didn't, did you eventually lose the rest of your weight? I would like to hear from others who were able to finish their weight loss journey and tell me how they did it. It seems so difficult now to get back on track since I've been "enjoying" the forbidden foods too soon. I know the exact things I did to begin my weight loss, so I guess I'll need to go back to the very beginning. I suppose I am also looking for support and encouragement. If anyone could give these to me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help! Barb

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Continuing my weight loss

Hi Barb

You have really answered your own questions. You started eating things that you knew that you shouldn't and you know what you need to do if you want to get back on the losing track again - stop eating that stuff :-).

It's easy to get complacent and slack off. I have to admit that I was determined to get to my goal weight (which was lower than my surgeons) and I did. I have managed to stay within a couple of kilos of that weight and am happy with where I am. However, three years out I still weigh and measure all my food and keep a record of it on an app and in a diary. That is what I need to do to keep myself in check. You need to find out what you need to do - if you want to.

If you are really serious then drag out all your old literature and eating plans and start again.

You did it before and you can do it again - but you need to really want to otherwise it's not going to happen.

Good luck.

Last Activity
    02-09-2021 02:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I haven't been able to lose weight for about 5 years

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/21/2018
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

To Lisa. Thank you for your response. I realize what you said is so true, I have to really want to do this. I just have to convince myself and make myself do it. Hopefully I will be able to do it soon. I know I am so depressed and have a difficult time doing a lot of things that I really need to.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/21/2018
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

To Mosiur. I hope you will be able to begin your journey again, just like myself. Barb

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Barby

It's definitely not easy.
    Are you able to see a Dr and discuss if there is any medication that can help with your depression? You may just need a temporary lift to help you through these weird times. I am a firm believer in seeking help when you need it. If we have a physical ailment we usually don't hesitate to get help and medication if required but we seem reluctant if it is classed as a mental illness. I think they are all the same.

I know all this is easier said than done especially if you are not feeling 100%.

I hope that you find some way through and get back on track.

10. Said thanks: