Surgeon
    Dr Matthew Ricks
    Last Activity
    01-17-2021 08:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default JKrenewed, my gastric sleeve beginnings

Hello, I am a 53 yo female. I grew up on a farm and never had a weight problem or activity problem until after marriage. It is just me and my husband we both work and enjoy life.
    Through the past 25 years tried all the different ways to lose weight programs, a coach, and medical weight loss. Still I returned to the issue of 'self indulging' is what I called my issue.
    I was scared to do the gastric sleeve surgery. Three years ago my primary care physician recommended surgical weight loss. My heaviest weight was 327 lbs in 2019.
    It was time to commit to something that would make a definite change.
    Beginning my medical weight loss (medications are taken to aid in weight loss). After almost two years of trying medical weight loss and losing 27 pounds total with on and off GI distress from the medications. I stopped taking the medications. My weight returned in four months.
    First meeting with surgeon after saying, Yes it is time for gastric sleeve surgery changes to occur. First surgeon appointment Sept 2020 my starting weight 307 lbs.
    Of course, I really wanted to say no... the week before surgery, flat out fear came in....but I made the diet change already on all liquid...husband and family and friends said 'you can do this!'
    Now that it is Jan going on 3 months later. I have adjusted many different ways. Still adjusting to drinking the 64 oz water daily is very hard for me and normally making 42 oz only. The waiting to eat after water 30 min and same waiting to drink 30 min after eating, not used to completely yet, but found a timer on APP called Baritastic, using this past 2 weeks and it has helped a lot. (Chew time, wait to drink, wait to eat.)
    BUT, since the surgery, I WOULD NOT HAVE STUCK to the changes that my body is now making me do/ no, forcing me to hold to what I really need to do!!!
    I am not quite at 3 months on Jan 21. Today is 1/17,2021 My weight is 258.6 lbs. Have not increased but held a couple weeks at a time. So I just review what I am doing and what I need to 'tweek' to improve on what I am doing. Plan on more exercise the upcoming months. Just walking presently and doing arm /upper arm exercises.
    It is all for a good cause, ME. Really, I am doing this for myself, because I wanted to and needed to for my knees, and mentally to be healthier.
    I'm happy to have a place to go to and share also.

2. The following user said welcome jkrenewed to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: JKrenewed, my gastric sleeve beginnings

Congratulations on getting sleeved. Keep on doing what works for you and welcome to the forum!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

You are doing great!
    It certainly is an on going process. 3 years out I still have to work at it. I weigh and measure my food, keep a diary account of what I eat and when. It's what I need to do to keep myself in check. Others do different things, some it all just comes naturally.
    You will find out what works best for you.
    The important thing is that you recognise that you are doing this for you! :-)
    Keep up the good work.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    09-14-2021 08:29 AM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hey there welcome! Patience is a big thing. Trust that everything will be all right soon.