Surgeon
    Dr. Boorse
    Last Activity
    01-14-2021 06:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 135 Times
    Was Thanked 199 Times in 117 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 113 Times

Default Sleevers from 2014

I'm Janice and had my surgery on 9/24/2014. For 5 years I was doing great and then my Mom passed away. This derailed me for a while, but I got back on track and maintained my goal weight of 160. I had been under goal by about 10 pounds. It didn't help when my only sister passed this year. I am 65 and my sister was a few years older with many medical issues. But I sure miss talking to her.
    This past year has been a challenge. Besides COVID, I fell, broke my femur and ended up in trauma surgery getting my femur repaired and a new hip. My gym went out of business and with the new hip, my exercise routines were derailed.
    I find myself 20 pounds over my goal weight, and getting back to basics.
    I could really use some friends that are struggling or have struggled with this. It was so easy for so long and now I find myself sitting too much, mindless eating, and feeling bad.
    Thanks for listening!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Sleevers from 2014

I'm 2013. Yes, at times it's a struggle! I gained a little over Christmas (had grandkids visiting) and am working now on getting back on track. We can do it! Just eat how you were taught and exercise. Good luck!

I've had challenges too. Early September I had a complete shoulder replacement. Then recently I had 2 falls, luckily just on my butt, not my new arm. But I am super sore. Sitting on a heating pad right now!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Janice, we've all been on the struggle bus! I am having health challenges right now and on top of changes at my gym, I have found myself with some extra pounds as well. Yesterday, I went back to the gym, today, I'm going to do a virtual class and I'm back to tracking what I'm eating. Let's get back to basics. We can do it!

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/22/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Glasnap
    Last Activity
    01-15-2021 07:59 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hi Janice, I am in a similar position. Last January I suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury and had to have brain surgery and ended up in a rehabilitation facility to deal with my deficits as well as they could. It’s a work in progress. Do to medication and a housebound life style (I’m not even allowed to drive) I’ve put on 30lbs this year after maintaining my weight loss for 4 years. I need help getting the weight off. I do not want to end up in a place where I need revision surgery. I also don’t know if I would even be a candidate for revision due to complications a had after the sleeve.
    I actually can here to find support and ideas to help me get back on track.

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Gosh life is really difficult sometimes and it can be a real struggle to just get through each day. Sometimes it's all you can do to try to get through each hour.
    You have had an awful lot to contend with. Be kind to yourself. You know what you need to do to get back on track - but you will do that when you are ready.
    Is there someone you can go for walks with? I'm not sure of the Covid status where you are and if you are allowed out. Winter is always harder to get motivated but I have found that having someone else to walk or exercise with really helps and you feel great once you have been out in the fresh air.
    Please let us know how you are getting on.

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member greenmomma's Avatar
    Surgery date
    09/20/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ragui Sadek
    Last Activity
    12-20-2023 04:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 168 Times in 150 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 65 Times
    Blog Entries

Sleeved in 2013. I see Kenyon and Sraebaer on here that I remember from those days. I haven’t been on in years but a good friends daughter is getting sleeved next week and I recommended this forum as great support so I thought I should check in.

My surgery weight was 280, lowest ever was about 170. I’ve been 220 for a few years. I am toying with the idea of getting serious about sticking to the sleeve rules with targeting protein and increasing water. I still have very good restriction but my downfall is the easy to eat carbs.

Janice you’ve got this. You have done very, very well and the fact that you are here speaks well for your ability to get yourself on track. I know you can do it. At the same time, be kind to yourself in other ways. These are difficult times.

Nancy aka Greenmomma

Gastric Sleeve Member Janeanne67's Avatar
    Name
    Jane
    Surgery date
    03/27/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Padovan
    Last Activity
    01-24-2021 09:58 AM
    Said "Thanks" 67 Times
    Was Thanked 43 Times in 36 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 37 Times

Hi, it has been so long since I have been on this forum when at one stage it was my life line. Like everyone else I have had ups and downs but I maintained my weight for several years and then a change in some medication and the loss of a very active job saw me gain 23kgs over 18 months. I was so angry at myself and so uncomfortable in my body that I seriously considered having a revision to bypass or SIPS but I came off the meds and started eating better and over 6 months I lost 10kgs. I have gotten into the right mindset changed my eating and started moving more, I still need to get another 10kgs gone and they seem harder to move, for a totally different reason I started taking collagen powder and noticed after a few weeks I wasn't as hungry so hey I am sticking with it, its just a form of protein so that's another bonus as I am trying to get that up and have gone back to taking vitamins also.
    I also had the grand kids over and found myself picking at their food so back to being good again.