I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Naomi
    Last Activity
    01-06-2021 01:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Lightbulb Hi I'm New Here & Looking For Help!

16-year-collage-2020years.jpg

Can you help me???
    I’m a grad student who is doing my thesis research in the bariatric community because it’s one of the most underrepresented populations in research. I’ve been trying since September to get people who have had weight loss surgery to take this survey. I need at least 500 participants, but I’ve only had 200 people attempt to take the survey and HALF of those people skipped questions… so their answers won’t be counted!
    This research is interested in YOUR experiences of your body and physical activity after weight loss surgery. The only requirements is that you have to be at least 18 years old and you have to have had some form of bariatric surgery. Not only would you be helping me graduate from college, but you would also be helping this community by making sure the bariatric population’s experiences are showing up in the research and not going ignored!
    If you’re open to sharing your experience, and willing to take the anonymous survey, please comment to let me know! Because I'm new here, it won't allow me to post the link (But it is in my bio!!)
    If you’re willing to share this survey with friends, that would mean more than you’ll ever know! Thank you for reading & hope to find some willing participants. ��

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Hi I'm New Here & Looking For Help!

So where's the survey? But I wonder how you could trust your data, as the people who do well would be more likely to take the surgery than the people who did poorly? I would love to know the actual success to failure rate.

Gastric Sleeve Member all_smiles_girly's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/13/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr Dennis Smith
    Last Activity
    11-10-2021 06:24 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Good morning. I took the survey and answered all questions. I’ll say this: my answers now and my answers pre-surgery would be VERY different. Good luck with grad school and your research �� I’m in my final semester of grad school myself! The light is in sight! ��

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-08-2023 05:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 1,328 Times in 515 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Send me the link and I’ll take a look. I know what you mean about being underserved. Look forward to seeing what the survey looks like.