Dr Noel Williams (Penn)
    Last Activity
    11-18-2020 11:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Thumbs up Hello! No restriction yet

Hi all
    I was sleeved on 10-29. I have done fantastic in terms of my surgery and the recovery. I needed no pain meds and was up and walking and feeling great since right after surgery.

I have a weird question....
    I have no restriction! During my 2 week liquid phase post-op, I could drink water in 5 minutes, a 32 oz Gatorade in a few minutes, etc. Since then, I am now timing myself to slow down. The first 2-3 days home from the hospital I had some trouble getting in all fluids, but now I drink about 120 oz water a day plus my 2 shakes plus a 32 oz gatorade. I did lose over 20 lb in those 2 weeks so I am doing well.

Im now on pureed foods. I tried Taco Bell refried beans and could only take a few bites. However, I bought a chicken and put in food processor with mayo and spices and made 2 oz containers. I have eaten 3, 2 oz a day (B, L and Dinner) and have had ZERO issues. I do not drink at same time-I do wait the 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after.

I am losing so that is good. It has slowed since adding pureed but that is to be expected. I'm 3 weeks out tomorrow and just feeling great and counting my blessing. BUT....why don't I have issues--in other words, shouldn't there be restriction?

One good thing-I NEVER have felt hungry since surgery. It lets me deal with head hunger and learn about myself. Anyone else have this where they can eat and drink like they didn't have surgery? I am measuring and tracking everything that goes in my mouth. Im just worried when "real" food comes that I will not have restriction and it will be easier to overeat.

Good luck to all!

HW: 446 lb SW: 418 lb CW: 392 GW: Healthy but 180 (oh boy)

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Hello! No restriction yet

Liquid and pureed food go right through you. I think when you start real food you will feel restriction. I remember after 2 bites of my first chicken breast I thought I was going to die! Even after 7 years I can't eat an entire chicken breast, pork chop, or steak. I can eat more fish, I guess it's less dense.

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello! No restriction yet

As Sharon said, once you're passed the pureed stage and on to more solid food, you will feel restriction.