Surgeon
    Dr. Shillingford
    Last Activity
    12-11-2020 12:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hello everyone!

Hi there had surgery on 10/15. Since then I’ve learned and I’m still learning so much from my own body. I still can’t eat 3 meals I’m more in the 6 small meals. Family has been with me and not with me in this journey. When I’m sick they tell me I should of never done it! It’s really hard trying to constantly explain this is not the easy way out it quite the opposite!!! I live in Miami fl. would love to meet up with locals going through the same!

2. The following 3 users said welcome Yrayon to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello everyone!

Hello and welcome.
    Sadly those that have never struggled with weight will never understand or appreciate that for most of us surgery is a last ditch attempt to gain control of our lives and you are right it is most definitely not the easy way out!

If you are struggling with 3 meals a day and 6 smaller ones is working out for you then as long as your surgeon/nutritionist is happy then it shouldn't be a problem.
    Are you being sick because you have overeaten or because a certain food doesn't agree with you anymore? I have found that certainly early on there were foods that I just couldn't eat. Latterly though my stomach can handle some of these better - sadly fresh salmon (my favourite fish) is still a no go for me.

As far as your family is concerned at this moment in your life you need to be quite selfish and concentrate on you! You need to do what is best for you and they are just going to have to deal with it.

Stick with it and remember that you are doing this for you primarily but also for your family so that you can be healthy and happy and around for a long time.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello everyone!

Totally agree with Kiwi, you have to be selfish and just ignore those who have not gone through the process. Do you know what it is that is making you sick? That's important to find out. You are still new, don't be hard on yourself.