I am a soon to be 60 years old man and from what I have been told is not very common for someone my sex and age to do. After years and years of being overweight and dieting and going to places like Lindora (Where I was successful) but gained it all back I said enough already.

About 5 years ago I ade a visit to my local weight loss surgeon who was highly reccomended and I did not do it at that time because it was required that you go through pyscological counseling for a few months before surgery and I just did not want to do it.

Then about 7 months ago I met up with a friend I havent seen in quite some time and he was about 100 pounds lighter than I last saw him and looked unbelievable. But, he never mentioned anything to me about having sleeve surgery. He was not truthful and just told me he was being good and "finally, figured it out". Needless to to say he was not truthful and shortly later I found out he had the surgery.

In addition, when I called him about it he told me he used the same surgeon I wanted to use. Knowing somene I knew used the same surgeon I immediately called and made my consultation appointment. the doctor remembered me five years later and I was very honest and told him I did not want to go through the BS of insurance psycological testing and delay this. i wanted it done now. he said I can as long as I pay cash with no insurance and lose some weight before surgery and prepare.

I did as I was told and properly prepared and lost the necessary weight prior to surgery. I was so excited to finally end this. Knowing that this wasnt a diet and that it was permanant made me very excited.

To make a very long story short. I had my surgery in March of 2020, I keep up my monthly appointments with my surgeo who I LOVE by the way. Everytime I meet with him I get very emotional explaining how I feel because the man saved my life. I have not had one complication, discomfort or anything. Just perfection all the way around.

I have lost 72 pounds in the first 6 months so far. Month 5 and 6 were definately slower months for weight loss but I later found out that is completely normal. I was diabeic prior to surgery but was not almost immediately after surgery. In fact, they removed me from all my diabetic meds on the day of surgery.

My chlorestrol and blood pressure is outstanding and best readings ever ( still on those meds for now) but still best ever.

I am NEVER out of breath anymore and have the energy of a 30 year old.

All in all it was the best decision of my life and I am so happy I did it. The aftercare is very easy as there is not much to do. It is impossible to over eat. I just can't believe how little I eat but have the same satisfied feeling like i ate a ton. It seems so weird to me but it is.

I STRONGLY reccomend this surgery to anyone on the fence. i now know three people who I have known for many years who had it. they just never admitted it until I told them I had it. I think there is a sense of shame for some people. Not for me. I tell EVERYONE about my experience and reccomend it to everyone that I know can use it. I am not shamed by what I did. Hell, I shout it from the roof tops!

I would be happy as hell to answer any questions for anyone or give advice.