Dr. Titus Duncan
    Last Activity
    09-13-2020 08:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Eating healthy foods at restaurants

Hi everyone, I’m working on a project and would love some feedback from everyone - especially for those of you that are 1+ year out of surgery:

1. How often do you eat out or order food delivery from a restaurant?

2. When ordering food at a restaurant or ordering restaurant food online, how difficult do you find it to know which foods they are offering that are “bariatric friendly”?

3. When you see the calorie content posted on a restaurant menu, does that influence your decision-making when ordering food? Do you find that to be a helpful resource that you’d like to see posted in all restaurants?

4. How many of you post-ops are still strict about counting calories, carbs, etc like you were in the beginning? Do you use (or at least would be interested in) a resource outside of the restaurant menu - such as a website, app, ebook, pamphlete - that helps make it easier to select healthy foods from restaurants?

5. Are you pre or post-op? How long ago did you have WLS?

Thanks for anyone who submits a response.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Eating healthy foods at restaurants

1. How often do you eat out or order food delivery from a restaurant? TWICE A WEEK OR SO.

2. When ordering food at a restaurant or ordering restaurant food online, how difficult do you find it to know which foods they are offering that are “bariatric friendly”? NOT AT ALL DIFFICULT

3. When you see the calorie content posted on a restaurant menu, does that influence your decision-making when ordering food? Do you find that to be a helpful resource that you’d like to see posted in all restaurants? YES ITS HELPFUL. LIKE SEEING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FRIED OR GRILLED SHRIMP.

4. How many of you post-ops are still strict about counting calories, carbs, etc like you were in the beginning? Do you use (or at least would be interested in) a resource outside of the restaurant menu - such as a website, app, ebook, pamphlete - that helps make it easier to select healthy foods from restaurants?

I WAS NEVER TOLD TO COUNT CALORIES AND NEVER HAVE. TAUGHT PROTIEN FIRST, THEN VEGGIES, THEN GOOD CARBS IF ROOM.

5. Are you pre or post-op? How long ago did you have WLS? ALMOST 7 YEARS AND HAVE KEPT OFF EVERY POUND

MY RESTAURANT GO TOS ARE A SMALL SALAD TOPPED WITH GRILLED CHICKEN, SALMON OR SHRIMP. AHI TUNA APPETIZER IS ANOTHER FAVORITE. AND I WILL STILL EAT THINGS LIKE PIZZA ON OCCASION. YOU GOTTA LIVE.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

1. How often do you eat out or order food delivery from a restaurant? Once/twice a month

2. When ordering food at a restaurant or ordering restaurant food online, how difficult do you find it to know which foods they are offering that are “bariatric friendly”? Not difficult. There is always some good protein on the menu. I like to look at the menu online before I visit the restaurant so that I am prepared for what choices there are that are best for me.

3. When you see the calorie content posted on a restaurant menu, does that influence your decision-making when ordering food? Do you find that to be a helpful resource that you’d like to see posted in all restaurants? Don't really have calorie information on menus in NZ - but if I am eating out I don't really worry too much about counting calories as it is a treat.

4. How many of you post-ops are still strict about counting calories, carbs, etc like you were in the beginning? Do you use (or at least would be interested in) a resource outside of the restaurant menu - such as a website, app, ebook, pamphlete - that helps make it easier to select healthy foods from restaurants? I definitely still count calories - 3 years out. Possibly would be helpful to see the information on a menu but I'm not too concerned as I eat well most of the time and if eating out it is a treat and I'm not too strict on myself.

5. Are you pre or post-op? How long ago did you have WLS? Post -op 3 years and loving every minute.

Name
    Sharletta
    Surgery date
    08/12/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr. George Eid
    Last Activity
    09-14-2020 12:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

1. How often do you eat out or order food delivery from a restaurant? Once/twice a month about that time frame.

2. When ordering food at a restaurant or ordering restaurant food online, how difficult do you find it to know which foods they are offering that are “bariatric friendly”? I use the restaurants website to get an ideal of what type of foods they offer and stick to it!

3. When you see the calorie content posted on a restaurant menu, does that influence your decision-making when ordering food? Do you find that to be a helpful resource that you’d like to see posted in all restaurants? I do not count calories or attend restaurants yet, but it has never influenced my decision when Imgo out.

4. How many of you post-ops are still strict about counting calories, carbs, etc like you were in the beginning? I was told to pack in the protein,vegetables, and no snacking, no calorie counting for me. No, at this time I do not eat in restaurants.

5. Are you pre or post-op? How long ago did you have WLS? I am post-op; One month and one day!

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

1. How often do you eat out or order food delivery from a restaurant? Not very often. Once a month at the most.
    2. When ordering food at a restaurant or ordering restaurant food online, how difficult do you find it to know which foods they are offering that are “bariatric friendly”? I don't think in terms of whether something is "bariatric friendly." I just think in terms of whether or not it is something that I want to eat or not.
    3.When you see the calorie content posted on a restaurant menu, does that influence your decision-making when ordering food? Do you find that to be a helpful resource that you’d like to see posted in all restaurants? It does not influence my decision on what I will order.
    4.How many of you post-ops are still strict about counting calories, carbs, etc like you were in the beginning? My bariatric team does not believe in counting calories, carbs, etc.
    5.Are you pre or post-op? How long ago did you have WLS? I am almost 7 years post op and have maintained my weight accordingly.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    03/12/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Keshavarzi
    Last Activity
    12-18-2020 05:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

1. I stopped eating in a restaurant a long time ago, because the food there is not always good or very difficult for me, I prefer not to strain my stomach.
    2. Very difficult. People often do not understand what I need or advise nonsense.
    3.Oh yes! Taking into account the fact that colors must be counted in order not to gain weight, this is an additional bonus.
    4. I'm just using a google app. there is nothing unusual about it.
    5. After. There was a year ago.

Gastric Sleeve Member Jessica King's Avatar
    Last Activity
    08-25-2021 09:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

When I eat outside I always wand jungfood

Last Activity
    07-22-2022 09:05 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Proper nutrition is always good

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    12-08-2021 11:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Very interisting

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Your topic is very interesting.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I am ready to support you in some matters.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

you don't have to stop.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times