Gary
    Last Activity
    07-28-2022 01:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default 3rd week healing

Hi,

I wanted say thank you. This support community is so important. Many Great stories. Inspirational!!! 😊

I'm on my third week. I'm following my Doctor's orders and plan. Walking 1-3 miles a day. Some mild stretching on yoga mat. I'm usually "on the go" so relatively, this healing downtime is challenging for me.

This is start of amazing and challenging journey. I struggled so much with various aspects of weight gain and physical disabilities that contribute to weight and physical pain.

Having lost 20 lbs, I feel slightly more active and less physical pain. I can get out of chair easier and actually sit for longer periods. There is much less physical pressure on my small pelvic frame. Helps at my desk job too. Overall it will help me be mobile, but a ways to go...

I had 3 questions that hopefully help me in healing and future phases

1. Does anyone remember at week 3 if they always felt full or blocked stomach gas?

2. I have large belly. Nicely it's starting to shrink! Wow. What was like to experience this? I had it for 30 yrs!!

3. I used be active runner. Long time ago. Now I couldn't run 10 yards due to weight and some physical disability issues. But I hope I can in about half a year. Are there any here that do high intensity sports events?

Right now my stomach is so gassy at 3 weeks, I feel like couldn't even jog. I know need rest. But thinking of future. Walk is ok now.

Thank you.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: 3rd week healing

Sounds like you're doing great! At three weeks everything made me full. And you will be shrinking every week, it's so much fun. You will probably be a runner again. I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro at 62! Just keep on walking until you feel up for more. Great work!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Gary
    Last Activity
    07-28-2022 01:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Wow! Thanks Sraebaer.

Your story is inspiring!!! ����

Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. I hope to have energy you have!

Today at 3.5 weeks I tried pureed turkey.

Only 2.7oz and completely full!!!

Took 3-4 hrs digest. Couldn't try anything else for many hours.

I read at some point, we accustom to about 6 oz per meal.

I'm not even close!!

And lots tightness. Lol.

About when does this improve?

Does new sleeve becomes more flexible after initial healing?

Other questions need help...

1. I like to keep 80-90g protien a day for healing and future sports. How does one keep rate? Meats or shakes?

My sleeve feels very tight 3.5 weeks. Hard to maintain 70g protein. Hoping might better way.

2. I realize early healing process. Lately, I feel tried, as if "carb depleted". Really thirsty at night sleeps. Drinking 764oz water. How many carbs should I be getting during healing?

Mostly, I'm protien and water at 3.5 weeks.

At some point, I need carbs to run or jog alot!!

How does one assure get carbs for (hopefully) future intense exercise?

Does new sleeve acclimate (stretch) to support needs for high intensity exercise?

3. Should I think about fiber intake?

4. In early phase healing, any way to keep the upper body muscle on? I feel my shrinking excess fat folds, but also my muscles are shrinking!!! Lol. Any advice?

Thank you any and all for tips!!! And experience.

I'm new at this!! ��

Gary

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/02/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Walter Cha
    Last Activity
    Today 07:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Gary, as a fellow male sleeve patient I can tell you when I started losing the weight came off from my problem areas. I lost my belly and lost a lot of weight in my legs. I started at 308 and lost 19 on the 2 week liquid diet and 25 in the first month and 15 the second month. I lost a lot quickly and then settled in on a steady 8-10 lbs per month. I reached my goal weight in 6-7 months. I walked every day, consumed a lot of liquid and followed the nutrition guidelines to the letter. As you lose you will feel better and better. This a great motivator. Keep up the good work.