Dr. Bradley Thaemert
    Last Activity
    04-17-2022 02:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times
    Was Thanked 134 Times in 78 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Guess Who??

Hi Guys,

I fell off the face of the earth again. I went back to work full time in November after being so sick in 2018 and 2019 and that keeps quite busy. And I was doing anything computer at home on my phone. Forums are hard to navigate for me with my hand function never going back to completely normal. I also have a lot of chronic pain from the back surgery that sometimes I cannot hold the phone.

I was in a car accident in March where the other driver was at fault. He turned in front of me at a stop light at a yellow and I could not stop. The idiot was driving on a suspended license and driving without insurance. He denied treatment at the scene while I was pinned under the steering wheel and dash. The wheelchair lift still worked on my truck so we got me out that way and put on a stretcher into ambulance to the ER. Long story short - I was more shook up than anything, but they missed a broken femur!!

How do they miss a broken femur you ask? Wellllllll, 2020 has not exactly been my year (ask Annie), nor has 2018 and 2019 for that matter - I am damn hopeful for 2021!! For those that are new to me - I am paralyzed and I can't feel my legs a whole lot. My right leg was bleeding so they cut my jeans up to that knee and that was it. When they did the CT of my back they just shimmied them down to get the button out of viewing. It's not like TV where they cut everything off. When I got home and into bed I took the jeans off and my left leg was the size of Texas. I have broken my right leg three different times I knew it was not good news, but would wait until morning to call my PCP. He got me in for xrays and I was admitted the next day where I laid all weekend until I had surgery the following Monday. Just had my second follow up and my surgeon said I am healing well. Will repeat xrays in 6 weeks and see if we can lift some restrictions. He's real nice, a bit shy.

The sad news is - my beloved truck was totaled. I am just now starting to look at a new truck. I bought the truck in December 2005 and got to finally drive it home in April 2006 after all the wheelchair modifications got put on it. I am currently working from home so I do not need it right now, but now I am getting the itch to drive. I hope to have a new one by my birthday in September. I do not get the luxury of a rental. My dad will drive me when need be. I am so bored. Covid helped because no one was going anywhere - now things are starting to open up and the weather is nice and I love to drive with my windows down. I miss it so much and it was such a big part of my independence.

20200413_170443080_iOS.jpg

I finally got my new chair last week and it is an INCH smaller in width and it is fabulous. I went with Titanium after discussing it with fellow wheelers with back pain. It may cost me a lot of pocket, but so far my back pain has been so much better in the few days I've had it. My wheelchair guy thinks it's one of the coolest chairs he's ever done. I designed it - he just listened.

I was supposed to get new tires for the truck for Christmas, but dad kept pushing that off because they had tread and then I had the accident so he got me a new laptop instead which is ideal for work and much more easier for me to navigate a forum like this - so here I am!

How is everyone?
    HW: 245.4 SW: 243 CW: 160 GW: 135

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Guess Who??

Welcome back! So sorry about everything that has happened to you, sounds horrible. Glad things are looking up with that cool new SMALLER chair!

Things have been super dull here. I think with all elective surgeries canceled we have no "newbies." No one who needs any advice.

Wow, you can certainly thank God for Annie! She has been your personal angel. Amazing woman!

4. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

So glad that you were not seriously hurt. God certainly has been looking out for you!

6. Said thanks:

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Hellooooo!!!!!
    So good to have you back with us Kristi.
    You really have had an awful time. I'm pinning my hopes on the rest of 2020 and beyond being much better for you.
    Sending you lots of love from NZ.
    Kia Kaha
    Lisa
    x

8. Said thanks:

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Kristi definitely keeps my prayer life busy, lol! So grateful she has not just survived the past year, but triumphed.
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents