Dr. Saluss
    Last Activity
    05-25-2020 05:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Question Gastric Sleeve in Turkey

Hi all.

I am Dr Salah and owner of the SALUSS Medical Group.

If you are interested in getting weight loss treatments in Turkey. I will be happy to help you for answering your questions and concerns.

All the bests.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Shaneyboy72's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/02/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alaaddin Aydın
    Last Activity
    05-27-2020 02:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Default Re: Gastric Sleeve in Turkey

Hi there. I’m going for sleeve gastrectomy in July at the ASV Life Hospital in Antalya. I’m very nervous and know nothing about having surgery in Turkey.
    What sort of after care should I expect ?
    What things should I check about the hospital , the surgeons and the company arranging my surgery and trip ?
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Kind regards
    Shane

Surgery date
    07/01/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Saluss
    Last Activity
    05-25-2020 05:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Default Re: Gastric Sleeve in Turkey

Hi Shane..

I hope you are well. Last year more than 1 million foreigners arrived Turkey for treatment from abroad. That's very understandable that you are nervous. But you can be sure about that, our surgeons are well-experienced and healthcare system is much better than 10 years ago.

The main problem is getting operation. It is risky and important decision everywhere whether you do it in your home country or abroad. You must focus on a few things while you are getting operation abroad. Firstly, you must stay in Turkey as much as you can. Most of the complications are occurring exactly after the operation. You can book extra days after the operation to stay, to be under control. Everybody pay attention to you while you are here. Additionally, you can get all necessary medical help in a few minutes in Turkey.

Secondly, the choice of your surgeon, your hospital, your city, or country is important. You need to make more detailed research. This is important as buying your new car.. You look all details, where you will stay, experience of your surgeon, quality assessment of the hospital, are nurses speak English? Are nurses well-experienced about your surgery?

For the medical tourism facilitator companies; you can check their legal issues, their experience and reviews of the same surgery.

You need to ask some extra questions abut aftercare? What if something happens when you are at home? Revision Surgeries?

I hope I answered all. if you need anything .. I am here..

Best wishes

Salah