DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    11-01-2021 08:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Was Thanked 257 Times in 184 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default hi

HI Everyone. How are you all doing? I am definitely starting to get cabin fever, even though I am able to go for walks, runs etc. I thinks its not meeting up with friends and not going to the gym that is starting to get me down. I have started running, but I am feeling rather fat and unfit at the moment. I was working out so hard, that the excess skin wasn't so bad and was kind of firming, however since on lock down and not doing my routine regularly, its seems to be very flabby and I am so unhappy. I know I still deal with body dysmorphia and so now I am feeling really fat. I have been very bad and have not necessarily been very good with my food. I also find all I want to do is eat. I have gained 2kg and that is freaking me out. I am trying to get back into my healthy eating routine and am trying to cut out eating between meals and no junk food. The weather TG has been really good here in the UK which is a bonus. I hope you are all well and staying safe. XX

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: hi

Hi elllie

It's difficult times that's for sure.

I don't think that you should beat yourself up too much about the small weight gain.
    Good on you for running - not my thing at all.
    I am trying to keep to my regular eating schedule and have to admit that the lure of the pantry and fridge has got me on more than one occasion.

I am walking every day - as normal - but am missing my twice weekly yoga classes. I tried to do them by myself, and also tried some YouTube workouts but it's just not the same as being in a class. I am disappointed in myself for not persevering but at the end of the day I know that once we are allowed back to classes I will be there and will appreciate them even more.

I think the best you can do is just get through this crazy time the best way that you can and look forward to getting back to "normal" as soon as we can. You will soon get back into the swing of things I'm sure.

Hang in there.
    x

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Lisa & Ellie,
    First, so grateful you shared what we all feel -- uncertain & restless. Despite my health being so much better since my VGS, I still have multiple chronic health issues and am turning 68 -- we are being more cautious than most, and honestly, I have not been anywhere since March 9th (who's counting, lol). Jim goes out (he's 73 with a few co morbidities) and walks the dogs, visits at a distance from our neighbor dog walkers, and continues his Daily Bread ministry which helps support our FeedNC food bank.

I sew. I think I'm up to 140 masks; we keep 10 and give the rest to friends who are older, or who have to go out alone (and who I know will wear them.) We are surprised to see people who don't, but everyone decides their level of safety.

I thought about Yoga on line -- or Tai Chi. My balance remains 24/7 challenge despite physical therapy for 3 years. I do well in lay outs where I'm familiar, like the house, church, my kids homes, certain stores but walking in the nieghborhood sans sidewalks is a bit too uneven for me.

I'm supposed to Zoom with 8 friends today; in the past we have met every Thursday for 2 hours to review agreed upon women's books. I think this first one will just be a visit. Our ages run 61-80 (if you can use run in that sentence) and its the loveliest bunch. I don't think we will return to normal, ever. I think we will establish a new normal for a time in life where virus/vaccination is a moving target as RNA replication mutates. But I do think we will find the "distances" are not irreconcilable with friendships and socialization.

Weight --- hm. I'm staying static, but do find I have stress eating urges which I give in to -- try to substitute a crunch carrot & aoili for potato chips, but sometimes I don't.

We are all in this together and we shall come out the other side in tact! <3 Hugs to you all.
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

7. Said thanks:

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Yes, I do wonder what our new "normal" will be.
    We in NZ have just moved from Alert Level 4 to Level 3 which means that those who can't work from home and can maintain the correct social distancing can return to work. This extremely helpful for those self employed that haven't been earning anything over the 5 week lockdown period. It also means that some food outlets are able to operate as long as they can do so in a non contact way - Phone/online orders and deliveries or non contact pick ups. Sadly this has meant that a whole bunch of non thinking people have decided that it means that it is ok to congregate outside food outlets so that they can get their "fix" of fried chicken or burgers etc. I wish that they would understand that dropping a level does not mean that we are all home and hosed. The virus is still out there and although we are lucky enough to have contained (so it seems) it we have not eliminated it. All of the 19 people that have sadly passed away as a result of the virus have been over 70. We need to look after the vulnerable and can do that by staying at home. Personally my partner and I have not changed a thing from level 4. We certainly don't crave fast food. We have much more time now that I am working from home to prepare really interesting and tasty meals ourselves. It does take a bit of organising as we are only going to the supermarket once a week but it certainly is doable.
    Thank goodness for technology. Video calls have meant that we don't seem so far away from friends and family. We are desperately missing seeing our grandkids though and are counting down the days until we can hold them again.

Kia Kaha everyone
    x

9. Said thanks: