Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Attendance! Mark yourself Present and Come on In!

Hey guys!
    What is everyone doing during this social distancing lockdown? Are you staying on track? Are you struggling? I think we need each other now more than ever. It's very easy for us to fall back into bad habits during this time. It is stressful and we really don't know from day to day what the final outcome will be. Let's use this thread to keep ourselves accountable.

What I'm Doing
    I am trying to keep myself busy. This is week 3 for me for working at home. In addition to working, I've created a schedule for myself and everyday, I try to do what I have planned. I decluttered and cleaned out my craftroom. This has inspired me to make 12 cards in the past two days! My next two chores are to clean out closets, separate into donate and throw away piles, clean out my "junk room/dressing room" so that when this is over I can finally create my dream closet. I also have outside yard work to do.

Eating
    I stay on the same eating schedule as if I'm going to work. I stay out of the kitchen as much as possible--only to fix breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Exercise
    Luckily my gym has at home workout videos on YouTube, so I am still able to workout from home. Here is the link. I hope it works if you try it. The classes that I do are Body Attack and Body Pump
    https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts

Let me know what you're doing!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/27/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Burpee (that's right)
    Last Activity
    01-02-2021 08:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 146 Times
    Was Thanked 91 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Default Re: Attendance! Mark yourself Present and Come on In!

Hi Kenson,
    I’m struggling. I’m maintaining, but I’m struggling. I had just hit my 125 pound goal on March 3rd when things started to really get crazy COVID-19 wise. I had an out of state trip planned, which I made and included buying a new wardrobe. I got home three weeks ago and have been in isolation ever since fluctuating between 124-126.

What I’m doing: I’m going out for my daily 4 mile walk and probably watching too much virus news on TV. I’ve made a list of “to do’s” that I’m working through. The biggest thing is getting a back log of photos organized.

Eating: I’m finding it hard to not snack. Normally, I’d be outside of my house doing something like golf, or movies or theatre, or seeing friends. Instead I’m at home. I am tracking my food as usual. Some days I feel I’ve had too much to eat so the next couple of days I watch my intake. I try to eat breakfast late in the morning.

Exercise: Like I said I continue to do a big walk almost daily. I also try to jog on my treadmill about 2 miles every other day. I’ve also added a little morning exercise to my routine. First thing when I get up I have 16 ounces of water before anything else. I’ve started doing a couple of sets of planks, half a dozen push ups and a couple sets of fire hydrant leg extensions before sitting down for my morning cup of coffee. The weather is starting to warm up this week so hopefully my swimming pool will be warm enough to use in the next couple of weeks.
    Attachment 28581

5. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Janny,
    Sounds good! Hang in there! These are different times for all of us. Let's just do the best we can!

7. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Gaining. Weigh 10 more pounds than last summer!!! Exercising every day. Eating well. I swear it's stress. Besides my exercising (hike or bike ride) I'm sitting the rest of the day, so maybe that's the problem. I have to get myself together. I just want to cry. Which is stupid, because I'm healthy, have a home, food, all my needs are met. In our family so far my niece and her fiancé got it, and recovered. But to read her blog about how sick they were makes me want to cry even more. If it's that bad for two twenty-somethings, think of how bad it will be for the rest of us. I will stop rambling now....

Love you all!!

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Oh Sharon,
    I know that you will get back to where you want to be! So glad that your niece and her fiance have recovered. I'm sitting here listening to our gov (NJ) and it is so, so sad. You are right, we have a lot to be thankful for and yet, these are uncertain times. Hang in there and do what you can!

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/09/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Northup
    Last Activity
    07-21-2020 01:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I have been staying on track. I work in healthcare and am a little stressed out this week dealing with everything for my staff. I just ate lunch for the second time today as I had forgotten that I had already eaten ��. I knew I wasn't hungry but that is not uncommon. I think I might need some more sleep ��.

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi All

We are all doing ok here in NZ. Currently 1 week into a 4 week lockdown - although we expect that to be extended.

I am working from home and am trying to eat as normal - hard when the pantry and fridge keep calling out to me ;-) But managing (at the moment) to maintain my weight.

My partner and I are walking every day. Thankfully the weather here is lovely. Autumn sunshine and still very dry. We have increased our distance to make up for the fact that we are sitting around a lot more. We are also doing some long awaited chores around the house. We have the time now so there is no excuse. I am also doing some weight training with Dave. He is used to going to the gym daily and is trying to make do with some borrowed dumbbells. I have a much lighter set that I bought ages ago and am finally using them. Also doing some yoga classes on You Tube.

Other than that we are sitting tight and missing seeing our family like crazy. Video chats are ok but it's not that same as being able to give the grandkids a big cuddle.

Kia Kaha (stay strong) everyone.

Lisa
    x

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craftymary View Post
    I have been staying on track. I work in healthcare and am a little stressed out this week dealing with everything for my staff. I just ate lunch for the second time today as I had forgotten that I had already eaten ��. I knew I wasn't hungry but that is not uncommon. I think I might need some more sleep ��.
    Thank you for your service. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Please stay safe. God Bless you!

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal View Post
    Hi All

We are all doing ok here in NZ. Currently 1 week into a 4 week lockdown - although we expect that to be extended.

I am working from home and am trying to eat as normal - hard when the pantry and fridge keep calling out to me ;-) But managing (at the moment) to maintain my weight.

My partner and I are walking every day. Thankfully the weather here is lovely. Autumn sunshine and still very dry. We have increased our distance to make up for the fact that we are sitting around a lot more. We are also doing some long awaited chores around the house. We have the time now so there is no excuse. I am also doing some weight training with Dave. He is used to going to the gym daily and is trying to make do with some borrowed dumbbells. I have a much lighter set that I bought ages ago and am finally using them. Also doing some yoga classes on You Tube.

Other than that we are sitting tight and missing seeing our family like crazy. Video chats are ok but it's not that same as being able to give the grandkids a big cuddle.

Kia Kaha (stay strong) everyone.

Lisa
    x
    Kiwi Gal,
    I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. We are quarantined as well. We can only leave home to go to the pharmacy/medical or to the grocery store. Glad that you're still getting your exercise in.

16. Said thanks:

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi there friends,
    An update from the Netherlands.
    We are in, what our leaders call, an "intelligent lockdown".
    We (as a nation) stay at home as much as possible, work from home, avoid unnecessary travel or movements, social distancing, groups no more than 3 people, washing hands like crazy.etc.
    As for ourselves, we stay at home, groceries are delivered and I just recently subscribed to the Hellofresh box.
    I think that you have that too in the US?
    I am really exited about this service.

As for the sleeve, very interesting stuff happens.
    I begin to feel like Katrina (anybody heared from her recently?).
    I eat a lot more stuff I didn't eat before, like sugary things (easter eggs!), cookies etc.
    I am still not gaining, besides the 2 pounds that finally came on about 9 months ago.
    Don't ask me why, I have no clue.
    I think though I am still eating healthy 75% of the time.
    Could definitely do more drinking and sleeping though.

Thanks for asking Kenson!
    Hang in there guys, the very worst is yet to come, I am afraid.
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Hi there friends,
    An update from the Netherlands.
    We are in, what our leaders call, an "intelligent lockdown".
    We (as a nation) stay at home as much as possible, work from home, avoid unnecessary travel or movements, social distancing, groups no more than 3 people, washing hands like crazy.etc.
    As for ourselves, we stay at home, groceries are delivered and I just recently subscribed to the Hellofresh box.
    I think that you have that too in the US?
    I am really exited about this service.

As for the sleeve, very interesting stuff happens.
    I begin to feel like Katrina (anybody heared from her recently?).
    I eat a lot more stuff I didn't eat before, like sugary things (easter eggs!), cookies etc.
    I am still not gaining, besides the 2 pounds that finally came on about 9 months ago.
    Don't ask me why, I have no clue.
    I think though I am still eating healthy 75% of the time.
    Could definitely do more drinking and sleeping though.

Thanks for asking Kenson!
    Hang in there guys, the very worst is yet to come, I am afraid.
    Dutchie,
    So glad that you checked in!!! I think you're right, the very worst is yet to come. The numbers are increasing every day in the NY/NJ area.

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

My hubby and I are in total lockdown for four weeks now.
    The most exiting thing right now in our lives is the weekly delivery of the groceries.
    How sad is that? :-)
    But we are very fortunate, compared to others.
    We have a beautiful garden, we can take hikes in the fields, with nobody around us, so I am not complaining.
    We are healthy, and that is all that matters right now.
    Our children, who live at the other side of the country are also well.

Very, very carefully, we notice that the curve is flattening.
    The lockdown seems to work.
    But I have no idea, how this is going to work out.
    I have no idea, when it would be safe to leave the house.
    Probably, when there are enough ICU beds and respirators...
    Still not happening.
    So, we avoid all physical human contact with other people.

Please, be careful, stay home, be safe and stay healthy!
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/02/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Walter Cha
    Last Activity
    02-07-2024 11:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Doing well in Northeast, Ohio. Spent 2 1/2 months on St Simons island, Georgia. Returned home to Ohio early this week. Normally our drive home is a traffic nightmare. Anyone who travelled Interstate 77 through Charlotte, NC can understand. On our way home we flew through Georgia, South Carolina and then into North Carolina. The traffic through Charlotte was so light we couldn't believe it. Everyone appears to be obeying the stay home orders. Drove 810 miles in 11 1/2 hours not bad. We gave the dog his doggy tranqualizer and he slept most of the way. Used rubber gloves and sanitizer for all fuel stops. Needed to go to the grocery store and Costco when I got home. The security procedures in Ohio are much more strict the Georgia. Georgia appears to be 2-3 weeks behind everywhere else.

Have a good supply of food and scotch and will be able to shelter in place as long as necessary. Paid $1.24 for gas yesterday. Wow.

Everyone stay safe and continue to practice safe practices. We can get through this together. On my trip down south I lost 4 lbs. Lots of walking.

21. Said thanks:

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    Gaining. Weigh 10 more pounds than last summer!!! Exercising every day. Eating well. I swear it's stress. Besides my exercising (hike or bike ride) I'm sitting the rest of the day, so maybe that's the problem. I have to get myself together. I just want to cry. Which is stupid, because I'm healthy, have a home, food, all my needs are met. In our family so far my niece and her fiancé got it, and recovered. But to read her blog about how sick they were makes me want to cry even more. If it's that bad for two twenty-somethings, think of how bad it will be for the rest of us. I will stop rambling now....

Love you all!!
    Oh Sharon! Virtual hugs! So glad recovery happened.

I hear you about weight. I'm staying right at 140, but not moving much. Our parks etc are closed (as they should be since people abused the space requirements) and our neighborhood, which does not have sidewalks, apparently has a gazillion people out walking all the time. I don't know where they came from! But they want to chat, and that's not why I walk.

Crying - I had a dreadful day yesterday, for no apparent reason. A little scary since I have major depressive disorder. But life intervened with notes from friends, and I got busy sewing more masks, and crocheting the hospital blankets for perinatal unit. Busy helps.

You will get your weight back to where you want. Even though we know its a number, it somehow matters in a big way.
    I am amazed my clothes fit, since I'm 15 lbs heavier than my lowest weight.

You are loved! You are a treasure!
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Staying at home; well I was ill 5 weeks before the stay at home and wasn't going out anyway. SO been here since February 12 in the house. Fortunately, I am an introvert, and enjoy my husband's company 24/7. We do each have a downstairs area that's our space, so not getting on each other's nerves.

I am missing my adult kids enormously; haven't seen them since December. I think that's the longest I've ever gone. We are doing Zoom. Of course, then I have to put on makeup or they worry I might be sick as opposed to lazy.

Food wise. Baking for my husband who has a sweet tooth. We are able to keep up with fresh vegetables, etc., so that's good. I have been snacking. Not small meals, but not a habit I need to continue. Hoping confessing it to y'all will help.

Weight remains stable. Weighing daily, tracking (even snacks).

You guys are the best!

So far all our family & friends are okay; one cousin in WA has it, but she's mid 50s and mild case. Her husband did not get it. They do care for my Auntie Eileen, who is 89 & legally blind & lives alone. So they have had to find some alternative help.

We can all do this together!
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

24. Said thanks: