Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Attendance! Mark yourself Present and Come on In!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG View Post
    Staying at home; well I was ill 5 weeks before the stay at home and wasn't going out anyway. SO been here since February 12 in the house. Fortunately, I am an introvert, and enjoy my husband's company 24/7. We do each have a downstairs area that's our space, so not getting on each other's nerves.

I am missing my adult kids enormously; haven't seen them since December. I think that's the longest I've ever gone. We are doing Zoom. Of course, then I have to put on makeup or they worry I might be sick as opposed to lazy.

Food wise. Baking for my husband who has a sweet tooth. We are able to keep up with fresh vegetables, etc., so that's good. I have been snacking. Not small meals, but not a habit I need to continue. Hoping confessing it to y'all will help.

Weight remains stable. Weighing daily, tracking (even snacks).

You guys are the best!

So far all our family & friends are okay; one cousin in WA has it, but she's mid 50s and mild case. Her husband did not get it. They do care for my Auntie Eileen, who is 89 & legally blind & lives alone. So they have had to find some alternative help.

We can all do this together!
    Annie,
    I'm glad that you're doing. I'm going to tell you what you said to Sharon, don't be too hard on yourself. These are strange times we are living in. I've decided to have some jellybeans this weekend. After the weekend, it will all be over. This too shall pass. Hang in there!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pheeel21 View Post
    Doing well in Northeast, Ohio. Spent 2 1/2 months on St Simons island, Georgia. Returned home to Ohio early this week. Normally our drive home is a traffic nightmare. Anyone who travelled Interstate 77 through Charlotte, NC can understand. On our way home we flew through Georgia, South Carolina and then into North Carolina. The traffic through Charlotte was so light we couldn't believe it. Everyone appears to be obeying the stay home orders. Drove 810 miles in 11 1/2 hours not bad. We gave the dog his doggy tranqualizer and he slept most of the way. Used rubber gloves and sanitizer for all fuel stops. Needed to go to the grocery store and Costco when I got home. The security procedures in Ohio are much more strict the Georgia. Georgia appears to be 2-3 weeks behind everywhere else.

Have a good supply of food and scotch and will be able to shelter in place as long as necessary. Paid $1.24 for gas yesterday. Wow.

Everyone stay safe and continue to practice safe practices. We can get through this together. On my trip down south I lost 4 lbs. Lots of walking.
    Pheee,
    Glad you had a pleasant trip. My cousins drove from CT to NC and also commented on how light the traffic was. Well, you've got food and scotch, what else do you need! haha!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/09/2018
    Surgeon
    Roy Cobean MD
    Last Activity
    02-16-2021 08:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times
    Was Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times
    Blog Entries

Hey all from Maine. Thank you for putting this up, its good to stay in touch when the world seems to have gone literally mad.. Physically, I feel fine except for some random allergies that I never had before, but I moved into a new house last fall and this is the first season living here, I think its a pine tree allergy? Weight has stabilized after losing about 10 pounds under stress this past fall and I am keeping mostly the same weight at 147. Eating has been the same, the basic protein/veggie and then carb rule. If anything, my appetite has been down, that is a sure stress signal for me and with what we are ALL going through its no wonder. I didn't feel safe working at my job at an ambulance billing company even at half staff, so with the blessing of my wonderful boss, I am temporarily at home without pay for the time being. I was assured my job will be there when I return. I felt such relief to just stay home. My husband is the bread winner, so we are just cutting down on unnecessary spending which was mostly going out to eat, shopping and out doing things. I just have to be disciplined about online shopping..I'm doing good! My husband has worked from home for the past 20 years and we are in a routine now, I stay quiet and occupied and out of his way for the day and keep busy doing new house related things. The outside of our house is a blank planting canvas and I have been outside a lot doing yardwork and planning out planting. It will be an expense, but we have some money allocated for our lot. I just had my two year surgiversary and thought how lucky I am to be feeling so well and healthy. Having the sleeve changed and saved my life for the best in so many ways. I am so grateful for my health and feel wonderful everyday. Stay healthy everyone and stay in! Its working in Maine, we are finally seeing the curve flattening. Virtual hugs to everyone (((hugs))) Marybeth

5. Said thanks: