Surgeon
    Dr Mario Morales
    Last Activity
    04-27-2020 02:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times
    Was Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Five Week Update

Hello Everyone! I hope everyone is safe and making the best with this "pause" in life moment.
    I am having a plateau moment as far as weight loss. I was happy that I lost 23 lbs my first month after surgery. Now I have been the same weight for 8 days in a row. I realize that we all loose at different rates and that I should be patient, and it will start again, but it is very frustrating. Where I live it is cold and rainy (snowed today) and it's been hard to get out walking. I would greatly appreciate if some of you would share some of your favorite foods and combinations. I am already struggling with what to eat. I eat things like eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, deli meat. Does anyone eat wraps? Sorry this is so long. Thank You in advance.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Sandown64's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Sally
    Surgery date
    01/21/2020
    Surgeon
    Mr Hamouda
    Last Activity
    11-01-2020 04:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts

Default Re: Five Week Update

Hi Bonnie. Well done with your weight loss so far. I had a 2 week period where I did not lose any weight but then it started moving again. My weight loss is slow only 1-2lb a week but I’m happy with that, I was always told the slower you lose weight the easier it is to keep it off. My big tip for food is to try the Dr V green smoothie. I thought I’d try it and now I can’t go without it each day, I love it. The smoothie has so many nutrients in that you are getting a lot of goodness in one lovely tasting drink. The recipe is a few chunks of frozen pineapple and mango, a handful of fresh spinach, some protein powder, milk and a small banana all blended together...lovely ! Keep up the good work and let me know if you try/like the smoothie.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/12/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Morales
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times

Thank You Sandown. On Wednesday I can start having vegies and some fruits, so I will try the green smoothie. How much should you have for a meal? Maybe 3/4 - 1 cup? I would appreciate anyone sharing what they eat in a day. Thanks again.

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Stalls are common, no worries. I would concentrate on protein first, then veggies, then good carbs if room. I would skip the wraps/breads, etc.

Welcome!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I do green smoothies too! I vary the greens, sometimes spinach, sometimes spring mix, whatever. I vary the fruits too, buy different bags of frozen fruit, berries, peaches, cherries, mango, pineapple, whatever. Every day is different. The library even has many books with green smoothie recipes. (But my library is closed.)

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Sandown64's Avatar
    Name
    Sally
    Surgery date
    01/21/2020
    Surgeon
    Mr Hamouda
    Last Activity
    11-01-2020 04:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts

Smoothies you can have from week 1 on the liquid stage. But don’t put the fruit skin in until week 5. It’s a good way to get protein and lots of vitamins.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/12/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Morales
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times

Thank you for all the great ideas. On my doctors program the vegies and fruits start on the 5th week. Today I had a cup of salad with no problems and it was wonderful. Looking forward to eating more nutrient rich foods.