Surgeon
    Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-19-2020 05:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default 9 months post op...

Hello! I first posted here a little over a year ago and so much has happened since then! I was sleeved 5/24/19 and have lost 55 lbs so far!
    ! I’ve come back to this group for some guidance. I started gaining and losing the same 3-4 lbs about 2 months ago. Over the last couple weeks, I’ve gained a couple more lbs too. I’ve been reading a lot of previous posts about this and just wanted to put it out there for accountability. I’m hungry All. The. Time. And suddenly feel the need to eat significantly more at 9 months post op. I still have 20-25 lbs til I reach goal. I know what has gone wrong. The typical bad choices, not enough water, too much wine, etc. I’m not in denial. And I’m trying really hard not to compare myself to others. But I’ve become a little discouraged.and need to get back to losing again. That’s the bottom line, so any feedback is welcomed!

P.s. I just got the MFP tracking app, have stopped drinking 🍷, and upped my water, and walking.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 9 months post op...

55lbs! Well done you!

It is certainly easier to eat more the further out we get from surgery.

It sounds as though you have identified the areas that you need to work on and are addressing them already. :-)

As you know you just have to go back to the basics - as boring as that may be.
    Weigh/measure your food, keep account of what you eat and when, protein first, then veg, then good carbs if any room left.
    Yep, drink that water. Add something to it to change the taste a bit if you need to, lemon, pieces of fruit, sometimes I use a herbal or fruit tea bag. Yes, it gets tedious but it really does help. I take a water bottle with me everywhere. It has just become a habit.

You've already cut out the alcohol - that is just empty calories that you don't really need at the moment.

Exercise is the key - as much as I hate to admit it. If I didn't walk most days, and go to yoga twice a week I think my weight would creep up too.

You know what to do and you are doing it.
    I'm sure everything will soon fall into place.