Surgeon
    Dr. Burpee (that's right)
    Last Activity
    01-02-2021 08:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 146 Times
    Was Thanked 91 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Default Re: March Challenge

My monthly group (through my surgeon’s office and the hospital) is a disappointment too so far. They bring in monthly speakers, but the group itself is so large and diverse (sleeve and bypass) that there’s rarely any good takeaway info. I think I’m going to start trying the group at the other hospital in town. Couldn’t hurt, might help.
    As for posting a fat FB photo, boy howdy.....I don’t think I’m ready for that. Monday was my wedding anniversary, one of many I didn’t get to have as I’m a widow. I pulled out my wedding photo book and was so embarrassed and sad that I was so heavy at that time. A good friend once told me that it’s ok to look at the past, just don’t stare at it. With that in mind I try to not regret things, but I regret that I don’t have nice pictures from that day. I just realized something while writing this. Maybe I NEED to look at those photos regularly as another way to keep me accountable.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JannyAZ View Post
    My monthly group (through my surgeon’s office and the hospital) is a disappointment too so far. They bring in monthly speakers, but the group itself is so large and diverse (sleeve and bypass) that there’s rarely any good takeaway info. I think I’m going to start trying the group at the other hospital in town. Couldn’t hurt, might help.
    As for posting a fat FB photo, boy howdy.....I don’t think I’m ready for that. Monday was my wedding anniversary, one of many I didn’t get to have as I’m a widow. I pulled out my wedding photo book and was so embarrassed and sad that I was so heavy at that time. A good friend once told me that it’s ok to look at the past, just don’t stare at it. With that in mind I try to not regret things, but I regret that I don’t have nice pictures from that day. I just realized something while writing this. Maybe I NEED to look at those photos regularly as another way to keep me accountable.
    Oh Janny!
    Happy Anniversary. Funny, I was looking at my old wedding photos as well (I'm divorced), and even though I am heavy, they are some of the best photos I have ever taken. I have great photos with my aunts and uncle and even though I am divorced, I still want to keep them displayed because we all looked so good that day! You're right, looking at them really made me realize how far I've come and the fact that I don't want to go back there!

5. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Sharon,
    I got an email to participate in the March challenge. Are you going to do it?

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

No, as it's spring break month so we'll be visiting the kids and grandchildren. One week in Mississippi, one in Dallas, and one in Austin! I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you learn.

And of course our LAST ski trip of the year, leaving tomorrow. My last day of skiing sucked a few weeks ago, about 2 feet of fresh snow, I kept sinking and falling, so I told Bill it didn't count. I needed a do-over.

Name
    Katrina
    Surgery date
    11/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Borland
    Last Activity
    06-22-2023 07:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 388 Times in 276 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    No, as it's spring break month so we'll be visiting the kids and grandchildren. One week in Mississippi, one in Dallas, and one in Austin! I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you learn.

And of course our LAST ski trip of the year, leaving tomorrow. My last day of skiing sucked a few weeks ago, about 2 feet of fresh snow, I kept sinking and falling, so I told Bill it didn't count. I needed a do-over.
    What part of Mississippi will you be visiting?
    No pre-op diet
    Day of surgery 11/4/14: 5'4" 213lbs
    1 month: 187
    2 months: 171
    3 months: 155
    4 months: 148
    5 months: 142
    6 months: 136
    7 months: 131
    8 months: 125
    9 months: 120
    10 months: 114
    11 months: 111
    1 year: 109
    1.5 years: 105
    2 years: 108
    2.5 years: 102
    3 years: 113
    4 years: 115
    5 years: 115
    6 years: 117

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Daughter lives in Madison, suburb of Jackson. We used to live in West Point and I worked at Mississippi State. We have lived in 14 states so have many covered!! Can you imagine moving three teens from the San Fransisco Bay Area to middle of nowhere Mississippi? Slight culture shock.

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post

Sharon,
    Enjoy your trips and take plenty of pictures!