Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March Challenge

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default March Challenge

If anyone's interested, go to the Facebook page of Dr. Duc Vuong and see what's up.

I did his February challenge and it was the first time, so it was free. I think he's charging for this one. Not sure how much.

I enjoyed it! Things I learned:

-Meditation
    -Gratitude journaling
    -positivity
    -cooking demonstrations
    -goal setting
    -fat filters
    -volunteering
    -finding your passion
    -doing more of what you love, less of what you tolerate, and nothing you hate.
    -personal development
    -motivation
    -2 free downloaded books

Things I wasn't crazy about:

-He's super focused on money. Said we should all have a "side hustle" to make more $$$ than your job. Brags a lot about huge houses, private jets, etc. Not my thing.
    -I did like learning things from everyone, but be open to gurus, Buddhists, etc. He is not a Christian and says the Bible is a made up book.
    -He talked a lot about gardening. I travel too much to garden!
    -Tons of self-help videos.

In summary, you may be interested. Or you could just follow him on Facebook and his YouTube videos and probably learn just as much, I don't know. Just an idea.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: March Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    If anyone's interested, go to the Facebook page of Dr. Duc Vuong and see what's up.

I did his February challenge and it was the first time, so it was free. I think he's charging for this one. Not sure how much.

I enjoyed it! Things I learned:

-Meditation
    -Gratitude journaling
    -positivity
    -cooking demonstrations
    -goal setting
    -fat filters
    -volunteering
    -finding your passion
    -doing more of what you love, less of what you tolerate, and nothing you hate.
    -personal development
    -motivation
    -2 free downloaded books

Things I wasn't crazy about:

-He's super focused on money. Said we should all have a "side hustle" to make more $$$ than your job. Brags a lot about huge houses, private jets, etc. Not my thing.
    -I did like learning things from everyone, but be open to gurus, Buddhists, etc. He is not a Christian and says the Bible is a made up book.
    -He talked a lot about gardening. I travel too much to garden!
    -Tons of self-help videos.

In summary, you may be interested. Or you could just follow him on Facebook and his YouTube videos and probably learn just as much, I don't know. Just an idea.
    I do like some of his youtubes, but I closed my FB account for many reasons.
    Please keep sharing the great ideas that make a change! We can always learn something new.

I just ordered some new garden stuff -- things that need almost no care and can be ignored but does okay. Obviously not a gardener. Used to do an acre vegetable garden for many years, but 4 kids, full-time job no time for pretty gardens. We no longer want to do high maintenance stuff that doesn't make memories! Weeding isn't it, lol.

Working on figuring out new passion...not sure where it will lead, but what a fun time to do it! Hugs
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

He's super into gardening. I realize it's healthier. Saw a few videos on Lasanga gardening. Have you heard of that Annie?

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

I'm going to check out his FB page. I am a gardener, so I'm interested in what he has to say.

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/27/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Burpee (that's right)
    Last Activity
    01-02-2021 08:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 146 Times
    Was Thanked 91 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Thanks. I’ll check it out. My idea of gardening is to have a gardener. Much easier on my hands. Also supporting the local economy by shopping at farmers markets.

9. Said thanks:

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/27/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Burpee (that's right)
    Last Activity
    01-02-2021 08:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 146 Times
    Was Thanked 91 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

I just went to his FB page. I forgot how much I like him. Thanks for the reminder. I sure wish my monthly “support”meeting was as good as his. Anyone know why his Las Vegas seminar got cancelled? I’d really like to attend one.

12. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

He said he was going to reschedule that Vegas seminar. No clue why it was cancelled.

14. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I looked at his Facebook page and I think that's all you'll need. Free and packed full of useful information! Live cooking demonstration at 7 Central Time tonight!

16. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Good cooking show tonight! You can go back and watch it on replay. Take notes, he never (so far) has anything you can print out of his recipes.

At the end he mentioned ME, well not actually me, but when I posted on the private page about the mom who was proud that she didn't get anything from McDonald's when she got her son's food there.

18. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by JannyAZ View Post
    I just went to his FB page. I forgot how much I like him. Thanks for the reminder. I sure wish my monthly “support”meeting was as good as his. Anyone know why his Las Vegas seminar got cancelled? I’d really like to attend one.
    My monthly support group is horrible. I never learn a thing. Most of the time they have a fitness lady from the hospital do a few chair exercises.

I really think the biggest problem with weight loss surgery is no professional follow up. I feel that's why people regain. The last appointment I had with my surgeon was 3 months after surgery. So over 6 years ago. We need to keep learning! But the surgeons have their $$$ so who cares.

20. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/10/2018
    Surgeon
    DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    11-01-2021 08:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Was Thanked 257 Times in 184 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

I have been watching Dr Vuongs videos on u tube and I think he is great.

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

My monthly support group is horrible. I never learn a thing. Most of the time they have a fitness lady from the hospital do a few chair exercises.

I really think the biggest problem with weight loss surgery is no professional follow up. I feel that's why people regain. The last appointment I had with my surgeon was 3 months after surgery. So over 6 years ago. We need to keep learning! But the surgeons have their $$$ so who cares.
    My fitness center holds a bariatric support group the first Saturday of every month. I want to go, just to see if they are saying anything worthwhile. We'll see. Totally agree about the lack of support AFTER the surgery. I am hoping that now, there is more information that doctors can offer their patients for after care as opposed to when we had the surgery. I think informing patients that some regain is going to happen would be a perfect way to start!

23. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

OMG, for the end of the challenge he made us change our FB photo to our "before" photo. After over 6 years many of my friends never even knew me fat. Totally embarrassing. I guess it's a practice in forgiveness!!

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

OMG, for the end of the challenge he made us change our FB photo to our "before" photo. After over 6 years many of my friends never even knew me fat. Totally embarrassing. I guess it's a practice in forgiveness!!
    Oh Sharon. I don't quite agree with that. People have seen my "before" on FB and every where else as I was hardly invisible. I think that self forgiveness can't be hurried, and I am not ashamed of my "fat" self -- it was who I was at the time. As my body changed, so did my spirit and mind and heart. AND I don't need to revisit it.

You are such a lovely soul, such an inspiration and voice of common honest sense. Pretty sure you're over where you were then
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

26. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

We had to add the caption "I FORGIVE HER. SHE WAS ONLY DOING THE BEST SHE KNEW HOW."

I think my husband is more ashamed of my fat self than me. While fat he loved me and NEVER said anything. But now that I'm regular sized he is thrilled, and embarrassed by the former me. In fact he wants me to take my daughter's professional wedding photo off the wall because I was a big blue blob. But that photo has my newborn first grandchild in it, who is now in 6th grade, along with my deceased beautiful mother and my deceased husband's father. So you're right, it was who I was at the time. And not something to take off the wall.

28. Said thanks: