Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Traveling Alone to Tiajuana for Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by annaseaywallace View Post
    Not all of us can afford to shovel out an extra $500 for a plane ticket plus another $70 a night for a guest to stay with us. Having said that, having a way to communicate with the support I have back home is super important and right at the top of my list of concerns. I doubt that any one of us wants to travel alone but sometimes we have to put our big girl panties on, do things we don't necessarily want to do and have faith that things will go well.
    Sorry, just super concerned about you traveling like that after MAJOR SURGERY. Here in the states they won't even let you walk to your car from your hospital room. No one could loan you the money for a companion? I will be praying everything goes OK.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    11/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alejandro Lopez
    Said "Thanks" 114 Times
    Was Thanked 213 Times in 187 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 108 Times

I don't remember how long it took before I felt safe driving after my surgery. I was in Mexico for 4 days & didn't drive anywhere that weekend (after getting home). It must have been around a week afterwards for me. I was alone for my sleeve too, had some issues with non-existant care from some of the nurses. I wish a friend had gone with me, but being a nurse myself & vocal when I have to be - I dealt with it but it was harder than it needed to be.

I don't know how soon after your surgery you will be flying back, but it sounds like a bad idea. Like I tell my patients who got sedation after a procedure - you don't want to drive in the 24 hours after you get your last meds in the hospital. If you get into an accident, you will be considered at fault no matter who really is. It isn't worth your safety, or more, or the safety of others on the road. This is after a conscious sedation procedure - a general anesthesia like you will be getting can impact you more.

Gastric Sleeve Member Sandown64's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Sally
    Surgery date
    01/21/2020
    Surgeon
    Mr Hamouda
    Last Activity
    11-01-2020 04:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

I agree with sraebaer and personally I would not do it alone. I almost feel that I would want to wait until I could do it the right way rather than jepodise my well being. I waited a little longer to get my surgery to get a surgeon with a better reputation and success rate as he was more expensive. I also paid more to get an all in care package rather than just the surgery, I don’t think you can put a price on your health. I do understand you may not be able to afford these extra costs now but please listen to the advice and we are only trying to help and share our experience, after all that’s why you posted.

5. Said thanks: