Surgeon
    Dr Vasilikostas
    Last Activity
    01-19-2020 05:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hi all!

Hi all, it’s been a while since I’ve posted on here! Happy new year!

I’m 18 months post sleeve now and 91lbs down! although I’m still loosing it’s considerably slower now so know the focus needs to be on what I’m eating.

I’ve got myself worried that I may have stretched my sleeve, but is that even possible?? I feel like I can eat loads but at the same time I’m not sure if I am in fact eating loads or my perception of what ‘loads’ is has changed! (I’m hoping that made sense!!) I don’t seem to have that full feeling I used to get, where I’d remain feeling stuffed for ages! I usually just stop eating as I feel that I’ve had enough.

I’m also concerned that I’ve begun having fizzy drinks again occasionally. I tolerate them fine but I’m worried the gas could of potentially stretched out my stomach and reversed all this hard work! I’m sure my surgeon told me that was a myth but now I’m not so sure.

I’d love to hear back from those that are 2 years plus sleeve to see how they are getting on! Did you have the same worries as me?! (I can’t help it I’m a born worrier!).

😊

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi all!

Hi Betty

Well done on your fabulous loss so far. You must be thrilled. :-)

I don't believe that it is actually possible to stretch your sleeve - but as you progress you will certainly be able to eat more. This is where it gets interesting as you need to make sure that you are still making the best choices. Protein first, then veg....etc. You know how it works.

You will find that you will be able to eat more of the so called slider foods - basically junk food! So keep an eye out for that.

I don't drink fizzy drinks, mainly because I don't really enjoy them, but I also don't want to fill up on empty calories.....and there isn't much room left after I drink all that blimmin' water that we are supposed to drink.

I don't think that you need to worry, but I do think that you need to be vigilant on what you are eating and quantities. I am over 2 years out and still keep a food diary and use an online app to track my food intake and I still weigh and measure all my food. I know that for me it would be all too easy to slip back into old habits so it keeps me honest :-)

4. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I can definitely eat more now at 6 years out than at the beginning. But I still have restriction. When I eat the right stuff (like a chicken breast) I still get full quickly. But where I used to be able to eat one small piece of pizza, now I can eat two.

Now it is all about what we eat and how much we move. We CAN eat more, so we have to be careful we eat the right things. If we don't totally change our lifestyle, the weight will come back on. Easily.

I weigh myself daily and am super vigilant if I see the scale moving up. I have the exercise part down no problem, but still have to work on the eating! Best of luck to you.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Be careful, being two years out, you are definitely able to eat more. You have to remain vigilant and mindful of what you're eating. Congratulations on your success!