Surgeon
    Dr Mario Morales
    Last Activity
    04-27-2020 02:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times
    Was Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Dr Recomends Gastric Bypass ~ Very Upset

For the last 6 months, I have been preparing myself for the Gastric Sleeve surgery. I jumped through all the hoops for my insurance and today was the last appointment with my surgeon to discuss surgery. He strongly recommended that I am a better candidate for the bypass. This is due to the damage left by having a lap band in my body for 8 yrs. I am trying to keep an open mind about this but I feel that the bypass is just not for me. I realize that this is a part of my journey and I will continue to meditate and pray for guidance. One thing that I do know ~ is I cannot continue to use/abuse food the way I have for the greater part of my life. Something drastic has to change. One way or another I need to be the authentic, full functioning Being that I was meant to be. I pray that something has shifted at my core, and I can do this. What, I don't know yet. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I want to thank everyone on here for your kind works and for sharing your journey.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Dr Recomends Gastric Bypass ~ Very Upset

IMO your doctor probably knows best. It seems the Lapland has caused a lot of damage in past years, in fact my clinic does not offer the Lapland as a bariatric surgery option. (They did 6 years ago when I had my surgery). If you are unsure, get a second opinion! Both the sleeve and bypass have amazing results, so best of luck to you whatever you decide.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/12/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Morales
    Last Activity
    04-27-2020 02:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times
    Was Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Re: Dr Recomends Gastric Bypass ~ Very Upset

Thank you for your response. I have faith in my Doctor and trust he knows what is best. He has had to do several revisions from gastric sleeve to bypass on others with my same symptoms. I could see on my xrays that what he was saying made sense. So, my journey continues. I'm sure that I will find the answers that I need with time.

5. Said thanks: