Surgeon
    Dr. Alfredo Fernandez
    Last Activity
    06-13-2020 07:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hello

Had my gastric sleeve May23,2018. Lost 65 lbs. need to lose another 15 but I am struggling. Looking to learn new eating habits and recipes. Right now I am malnourished. I haven’t been eating right. And I am anemic. I just couldn’t tolerate the gastric vitamins that I was to take. Four huge tablets once a day. I didn’t think much of it, until I was getting so fatigued throughout the day and I was freezing cold all the time even in the middle of summer. Got some lab work done and realized that I am anemic. But I am still on convinced that my thyroid isn’t playing a part in it. So I am meeting with my primary care physician next Monday. I am going to ask for some thyroid testing. My nutritionist pre-surgery told me that I didn’t need surgery that it was my thyroid that was causing my issues. I’m still on convinced that my thyroid isn’t playing a part in this. But now I am taking a new bariatric vitamin, and iron supplements. I need to get Back to drinking more water throughout the day. I have joined this group so I can learn from your successes and your failures.

2. The following 7 users said welcome Jerseygal61 to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/10/2018
    Surgeon
    DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    11-01-2021 08:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Was Thanked 257 Times in 184 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello

HI Jerseygal, well done on your success so far, that is a brilliant weight loss. I had surgery in April 2018. If you can't take vitamin tablets, get ones that dissolve. There is a make called Baricol, not sure if they are available in the States but I am sure you can get others. I too am anemic, but was long before surgery due to heavy periods and I think long before that due to anorexia. I find lots of exercise, particularly weight training helps with weight loss and sticking to mainly proteins. I find if i have naughty days where I eat chocolate or biscuits my weight goes up, but I can control it by going back to the basics. I too think I have an under active thyroid, but have been told many times it is fine. I just hope I can maintain this weight loss. I love to come onto this forum for support and ideas and just to keep me on track.

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I take a one-a-day multivitamin capsule with iron, ProCare Health, you get them online. 90 in a container. Then just the Calcium Citrate with D from Walmart.

Are you eating? Concentrating on protein?

Feel better soon!!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/02/2018
    Surgeon
    Professor Bulbuller
    Last Activity
    03-05-2020 11:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Was Thanked 166 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 35 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseygal61 View Post
    Had my gastric sleeve May23,2018. Lost 65 lbs. need to lose another 15 but I am struggling. Looking to learn new eating habits and recipes. Right now I am malnourished. I haven’t been eating right. And I am anemic. I just couldn’t tolerate the gastric vitamins that I was to take. Four huge tablets once a day. I didn’t think much of it, until I was getting so fatigued throughout the day and I was freezing cold all the time even in the middle of summer. Got some lab work done and realized that I am anemic. But I am still on convinced that my thyroid isn’t playing a part in it. So I am meeting with my primary care physician next Monday. I am going to ask for some thyroid testing. My nutritionist pre-surgery told me that I didn’t need surgery that it was my thyroid that was causing my issues. I’m still on convinced that my thyroid isn’t playing a part in this. But now I am taking a new bariatric vitamin, and iron supplements. I need to get Back to drinking more water throughout the day. I have joined this group so I can learn from your successes and your failures.
    Hi My Love

Welcome, I can relate to your thyroid problem but mine was dealt with before I was sleeved.

Do make sure that you get it checked an ultrasound showed mine!

I am so grateful to my sleeve surgeon who found this out and insisted we dealt with it.

Good Luck I am sure you will figure it out Choose something you really like to eat and flavour it in a way you like food to taste.

For me, it's Fish or Chicken beef for my protein cooked in a zingy, spicy, zappy way with flavours such as Indian spices and Chinese herbs I use Ginger and Garlic on my vegetables. I only have a tiny cast iron dish of mixed frozen vegetables the size of a pea, I defrost them in the microwave then put them on a cast iron dish on the gas hob with a teaspoon of olive oil garlic pepper and boom cooks in a minute as they are so small.
    I still don't eat the portion I cook so I save it for the next day and have it for breakfast by adding 1 egg and using the veg to make an omelette.

Let us know how you get on.

oh and Liver and spinach for a boost of energy.
    I love liver with paprika sprinkled on tiny pieces that I then shallow fry with a teaspoon of olive oil I have eaten like a queen since my sleeve but my portion is the size of a toddler as it is satisfying my hunger.