Last Activity
    01-31-2023 08:37 AM
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times
    Was Thanked 113 Times in 70 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 2 Years Out And Still Kickin'

Good morning everyone!
    It has been a while since I have posted, but, rest assure, I am still here. I don't post much anymore, but I read everyday. I have been truckin' along, following the program and maintaining my weight loss. I eat anything I want, but now I CHOOSE to eat the right things. Yes, I may have a slice of pizza now any then, but I only have one slice rather than 5 or six like I used to. I do have diet soda and seem to not have any negative affects. I have gained back approximately 12 pounds, but I have been lifting heavily for quite some time and I seem to have put on a bit of muscle. Not sure if the old adage Muscle is heavier than fat is true or not, but it seems to be true for me. I am as strong as I been since High School and feel great because of it. I am golfing all the time now with my boys. Once Spring hits, I will be playing baseball again with our local "Old man's" team.

As for the journey itself, I hate to say it, but is has been fairly easy for the first two years. I know that's not the same for everyone, but I can only attest to my journey. I just follow the program and that is as simple as it gets. Protein first, good carbs second. It has just become a part of me now. I don't even think about it. I am not naive enough to think there won't be struggles along the way, but I believe in myself and my ability to handle those struggles. I will be buckling down, mentally though for the future, as I see, from other posters, that after year 2, the struggles start or weight gain can happen. I truly believe I will continue to succeed. I can not allow myself to think any other way.

November 2019 #2.jpg

I wish you all the best. I will keep checking in daily. My best advise to anyone thinking about the procedure or have had the procedure, FOLLOW THE PROGRAM! The research has been done. The doctors know what they are talking about. Be regimented with your routine. It is become habit and eventually, just a way of life.

God Bless You All! Until next time.

HW: 408 lbs
    Pre-Op: 370.7 lbs-37.3 lbs
    DOS: 354.6 lbs-53.4 lbs
    2 Wk: 332.4 lbs-75.6 lbs
    1 Mo:323.6 - 83.4 lbs
    2 Mo:310.4 - 97.6 lbs
    3 Mo: 297.4 - 110.6 lbs
    4 Mo: 285 - 123 lbs
    5 Mo: 276 - 132 lbs
    6 Mo: 268 - 140 lbs
    7 Mo: 262 - 146 lbs
    8 Mo: 254 - 154 lbs
    9 Mo: 251 - 157 lbs
    10 Mo: 242 - 166 lbs
    11 Mo: 239 - 169 lbs
    1 Year: 239 -169 lbs

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2 Years Out And Still Kickin'

Congratulations and continued success!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/10/2018
    Surgeon
    DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    11-01-2021 08:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Was Thanked 257 Times in 184 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

well done!

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hookydad View Post
    Good morning everyone!
    It has been a while since I have posted, but, rest assure, I am still here. I don't post much anymore, but I read everyday. I have been truckin' along, following the program and maintaining my weight loss. I eat anything I want, but now I CHOOSE to eat the right things. Yes, I may have a slice of pizza now any then, but I only have one slice rather than 5 or six like I used to. I do have diet soda and seem to not have any negative affects. I have gained back approximately 12 pounds, but I have been lifting heavily for quite some time and I seem to have put on a bit of muscle. Not sure if the old adage Muscle is heavier than fat is true or not, but it seems to be true for me. I am as strong as I been since High School and feel great because of it. I am golfing all the time now with my boys. Once Spring hits, I will be playing baseball again with our local "Old man's" team.

As for the journey itself, I hate to say it, but is has been fairly easy for the first two years. I know that's not the same for everyone, but I can only attest to my journey. I just follow the program and that is as simple as it gets. Protein first, good carbs second. It has just become a part of me now. I don't even think about it. I am not naive enough to think there won't be struggles along the way, but I believe in myself and my ability to handle those struggles. I will be buckling down, mentally though for the future, as I see, from other posters, that after year 2, the struggles start or weight gain can happen. I truly believe I will continue to succeed. I can not allow myself to think any other way.

November 2019 #2.jpg

I wish you all the best. I will keep checking in daily. My best advise to anyone thinking about the procedure or have had the procedure, FOLLOW THE PROGRAM! The research has been done. The doctors know what they are talking about. Be regimented with your routine. It is become habit and eventually, just a way of life.

God Bless You All! Until next time.
    SO good to read your post this morning, as we had our procedures about the same time, and I always enjoy your posts. I think you've nailed it! I am right at my original goal, not my lowest weight, but it is comfortable and a healthy BMI.

I do the same things, and find the habits come easier,

and my palate has changed -- downfall is no-bake oatmeal peanut butter cookies, but honestly, I have to make them to have them, so not too bad.
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Looking good there Hookydad.
    Well done on your continued success. You have the perfect attitude :-)

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member jerzeygirl's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/20/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louis Balsama
    Last Activity
    01-22-2020 03:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 166 Times
    Was Thanked 924 Times in 694 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 485 Times
    Blog Entries

hookeydad, great job! Glad to see you have a plan that's working and I'm sure you can adjust, adapt, and change at any time as needed! Continued success