Surgeon
    Dr Lopez
    Last Activity
    10-21-2019 10:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Cool Hi 👋🏻

Hi! My name is Vickie. I’m new to the group. I had my Gastric Sleeve on January 23,2019. I’ve lost 60 pounds. But, I haven’t lost anything in the last 2 months. It’s very discouraging. I joined this group for encouragement, suggestions and socializing. I’m hoping to possibly find a group meeting to start attending. I’ve come to far to not succeed!!!!!!

2. The following 7 users said welcome Texgrl5709 to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Hi 👋🏻

60 pounds is fantastic! How much more do you have to lose? If you do have more to lose (and aren't close to goal) it's time to get out your old materials, study up, and get back to eating how you should. Kicking up the exercise helps too.

My doctor has a support group once a month at the hospital, but I don't get much out of that. I joined Weight Watchers for just the reasons you described: encouragement, suggestions, and socialization. Worked for me. But others hate WW, so find something that works for YOU. Maybe tracking with a Fitbit? My Fitness Pal?

Whatever works, you can do it. I've maintained for over 5 years now. Not easy, but worth it. Welcome and best of luck to you!

5. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome Vickie.

Wow! 60 pounds is great. Well done.

If you still have some weight that you want to lose then perhaps as sraebaer suggested it's time to revisit your programme to refresh your memory.
    2 years out I still log all my food into an app and weigh and measure everything. It's easy for larger portions to sneak up on you. Keep an eye on your protein levels and water intake too.

Exercise really is the key - as much as I hate to say it! Have a think about if there is something that you can do to up what you are already doing - or find something new.

Do you have another appointment with your surgeon/nutritionist scheduled soon? Perhaps they might be able to shed some light on your stall?

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/23/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr Lopez
    Last Activity
    10-21-2019 10:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Thanks for your encouraging words.
    I had my surgery in Mexico. The biggest drawback to going out of the USA, is I don't have a local surgeon or a nutritionist. I'll have to see about finding a nutritionist.
    I admit that I do need to get better at recording and measuring my food!