Surgeon
    Dr. Heider
    Last Activity
    10-07-2019 09:25 PM
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hey y’all :)

Hey y’all haven’t posted on here in quite a while but found some time to post an update. I recently turned 19 in July and got a new job working at the airport near me. My sister works there as well so it’s been really cool going on day trips with her and getting really close to her. I’ve always loved my family of course. But growing up over weight always put a barrier up between my sisters and I because I always felt as though I had to put my guard up. But now we really are getting along and I can say we r the closest we have been in a long time. As of today I’m a little over 6 months post surgery. I got gastric sleeve on April 4th of 2019. My highest weight was 245 and I am currently 171. So I’ve lost about 71 pounds. It has slowed down a bit which I’ve heard is normal, but I’m trying to keep my head up and get to my goal weight which is about 135 or so. I have my 6 month check in about a week in a half with my doctor, but I admit I am a little nervous seeing as since my last appointment which was my 3 month post op I have only lost about 12 pounds so I’m really nervous they are going to be upset with me for not losing more than that in 3 months. I guess you could say I have hit a Plateau. I do get quite hungry sometimes but usually I eat fruit or soup to Curve that appetite. I have found my soul mate and it’s name is WATERMELON. I love watermelon haha I liked it before but now I love it. I hope you all are doing well!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    01-26-2020 02:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 191 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 115 Times

Default Re: Hey y’all :)

Congratulations on your incredible weight loss! You've done a fantastic job, 71 pounds in 6 months is awesome and you should be proud of yourself! You're so young and have a lifetime to enjoy this. I had my sleeve done right after you and I'm down about 68 pounds so we're close. I have really stalled a bit the last month and I looked through my journal and realized I am not getting enough protein, plus I hurt my foot on a hike a month ago and I haven't been able to do hard cardio like I was.

I know the reasons I've 'stalled' and now I'm committed to getting back on the road to at least speed walk. I had my 6 month checkup today and everything was great and I feel fantastic, it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Wishing you continued success and I'm happy you're having a good time with family.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hey y’all :)

You are doing great so far - you should be very pleased with yourself.
    We all lose at differing rates. Perhaps just reassess what/when you are eating to make sure you are still on track. I still keep a food diary (2 years out) and I still weigh and measure my food. I don't trust myself to guesstimate :-)
    Please don't be nervous about your check up. The professionals are there to help. Tell them your concerns and let them advise you.
    I'm sure all will be good.