Dr. Laura Fischer
    Last Activity
    10-18-2019 03:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hello from Soonerville

Hi -

I had surgery on September 10 and I must say I am overwhelmed at all the changes. I've joined this forum mainly to just figure out what my new normal will be. From what I can tell, different doctors have very different requirements of their patients and even though I went through months of classes and appointments, I still feel I am somewhat at a loss of what I should or shouldn't be doing. I'm only 10 lbs down since surgery (zero loss this week) and I can't fathom that considering I am eating almost nothing. I have a great fear my body will try to hoard every pound and it will be a battle to get it to let go. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and hope to learn a few things!

Amy
    Norman, OK

2. The following 8 users said welcome aimz to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    01-26-2020 02:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 191 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 115 Times

Default Re: Hello from Soonerville

Welcome to the group. You'll find lots of support here and lots of caring people who have been right there where you are. Each person really is so individual in how they recover and how quickly they lose weight. Y

ou're 10 pounds down in a little over 2 weeks, that's a great start. Are you reaching your water and protein goals each day? Are you walking? Those were my biggest goals each day (along with following the post op eating schedule to a T) and I worked hard every day to reach them. You should be starting vitamins soon and in a few weeks you'll probably be cleared to resume exercise. That to me is what really kick started my weight loss. Best of luck to you!