Surgeon
    Dr. R.
    Last Activity
    06-12-2020 09:51 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Almost 3 years out...

...and I've relapsed a lot. I can get anything I want down. I have a huge problem with emotional eating, and have been gaining weight like crazy. I crave food all the time.

Pre sleeve weight: 333lbs
    Lowest (March 2018): 215
    Current: 242lbs

Im on the fast track back to 300's. I cant stop eating or thinking about food. I try to eat clean and healthy, but don't see any movement on the scale makes me discouraged again. Marital stuff is making me go back to drinking as it's easy to get it down again. My energy is also gone again, and all I want to do is sleep after work. Looking for advice or motivation.

Thanks.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/27/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Burpee (that's right)
    Last Activity
    01-02-2021 08:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 146 Times
    Was Thanked 91 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Default Re: Almost 3 years out...

You asked so here's some "tough love". You lost 118 pounds. With that said, you KNOW you can do this. You can stop eating and thinking about food. You've done it before. It sounds to me like you're not busy enough. If you're busy doing something, you won't have as much time to think about food or eat. Get up, get moving. Do not snack and if you're hungry drink a glass of water and do something with your hands like knitting, playing an instrument, doing a craft.

When you say "get back to drinking" are you talking about alcohol? If so, there's absolutely no nutritional value and is a depressant. I've struggled with and been treated for depression since my early teens (50 years). It sounds like there's some of that going on with you. My best advice is to talk honestly to your doctor/surgeon/nutritionist. They want you to succeed. Also, therapy would probably be helpful. I'd also suggest an in person support group whether it's a bariatric group, or Weight Watchers or overeaters in order to keep yourself accountable.
    Wishing you nothing but good luck, success and good health.

4. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I quit drinking totally in May and lost weight again. It's just empty calories, and one drink usually leads to another. It's like food, you drink to celebrate, drink when you're sad, drink when you're bored, whatever. You can't live without food but you can without alcohol.

Go back to how you were taught to eat and you will start losing again. For me personally joining Weight Watchers helped, but I'm sure you'll hear many things that worked for many people. That's just what worked for me.

Do you exercise? That's something else that has really helped me maintain.

Good luck! We're all cheering for you!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Katrina
    Surgery date
    11/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Borland
    Last Activity
    06-22-2023 07:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 388 Times in 276 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

I 100% get where you're coming from about thinking about food ALL THE TIME. That is my life too. Being busy does not help at all. When I'm out and about, all I want to do is stop for food. I do my best when I am home alone in my room. The minute my husband walks in the door from work, I'm all like LET'S EAT NOW! Then I want to eat all weekend too. Therefore, I have zero advice on what to do to keep those thoughts at bay. Just wanted to let you know that I understand and empathize with you.
    No pre-op diet
    Day of surgery 11/4/14: 5'4" 213lbs
    1 month: 187
    2 months: 171
    3 months: 155
    4 months: 148
    5 months: 142
    6 months: 136
    7 months: 131
    8 months: 125
    9 months: 120
    10 months: 114