Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Thread: Happy Place!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Happy Place!

OK, everyone knows I'm a hiking/mountain nut. We would love to visit all the national parks, but this week we are repeating my favorite one, Arches. (May also hit Canyonlands and Mesa Verde). Hubby is doing a 100 mile bike ride in Moab on Saturday and I'm volunteering as a scribe. Who knows what a scribe does, but I'll find out. (Didn't want to hike alone that day).

We are also CAMPING. We are not campers but bought a tent and air mattress on Amazon. That makes us campers, right? We camped on Kili but the porters carried our tent, sleeping pad, duffle bag, fed us 3 meals a day, so we didn't have to think about much. We are attempting to pack. I am sure we are forgetting something. The only reason we are camping is they jacked up all the hotel prices due to the bike ride. Wish us luck!!

Attachment 28492

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member lorrietime's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/25/2019
    Surgeon
    John Johnson, Jr.
    Last Activity
    11-19-2019 06:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Re: Happy Place!

Sounds so beautiful and fun - GOOD LUCK!

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

LOL!
    Buying a tent does not make you a camper, but using it does.
    Smart thinking, those hotel prices are no fun.
    Have a great week!

btw: we are almost at the Barentsz Sea, just a couple more days.
    Tomorrow we will be in Norway!
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    OK, everyone knows I'm a hiking/mountain nut. We would love to visit all the national parks, but this week we are repeating my favorite one, Arches. (May also hit Canyonlands and Mesa Verde). Hubby is doing a 100 mile bike ride in Moab on Saturday and I'm volunteering as a scribe. Who knows what a scribe does, but I'll find out. (Didn't want to hike alone that day).

We are also CAMPING. We are not campers but bought a tent and air mattress on Amazon. That makes us campers, right? We camped on Kili but the porters carried our tent, sleeping pad, duffle bag, fed us 3 meals a day, so we didn't have to think about much. We are attempting to pack. I am sure we are forgetting something. The only reason we are camping is they jacked up all the hotel prices due to the bike ride. Wish us luck!!

Attachment 28492
    Oh Sharon, you're too funny. You can do this! I was a camper (along with our 4 kids and horses) for many years, and its easier than you think, especially with air mattress.

I lived in Colbran (outside Grand Junction) for a bit, and love the canyons. Take lots of pictures!
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG View Post
    Oh Sharon, you're too funny. You can do this! I was a camper (along with our 4 kids and horses) for many years, and its easier than you think, especially with air mattress.

I lived in Colbran (outside Grand Junction) for a bit, and love the canyons. Take lots of pictures!
    We will be hiking in Grand Junction on our way to Moab! Any recommended hikes???

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    LOL!
    Buying a tent does not make you a camper, but using it does.
    Smart thinking, those hotel prices are no fun.
    Have a great week!

btw: we are almost at the Barentsz Sea, just a couple more days.
    Tomorrow we will be in Norway!

Well when in Norway say hi to all my relatives! 100% Norwegian here. Been there twice, so pretty. Your trip sounds amazing!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/27/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Burpee (that's right)
    Last Activity
    01-02-2021 08:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 146 Times
    Was Thanked 91 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Hope you have a terrific time. I recommend a rain fly and a ground cloth if you don’t already have them. Nothing worse than a soggy tent. Looking forward to hearing you de “scribe” your adventures!

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Attachment 28492
    Hi, we car camped most days when we hiked that area along the other parks too. Be prepared and bring lots of water to avoid having to buy a lot. Arches as a bottle filling station. Most camping is dry camping. No water. Campsites we found were nice and had beautiful views. Bring plenty of warm close and warm sleeping bag nights can get cold but warm and beautiful during the day. I love camping and love Southern Utah. When we went to Zion & stayed just outside of the park at this beautiful family owned resort that had glamping style camping, cabins, RV & regular tent camping and had a beautiful lodge with a pool, multiple hot tubs, and it was 20.00$ A night to camp and we had use of all amenities. Had really nice bathrooms and showers, laundry, dish washing station. We were camped on this rim and gorgeous view. We could even hike into Zion from the resort. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Wish I was there now. Loved Arches & Moab. E4BA9D46-B4A3-4C98-A33B-BBF7D9F1F6D3.jpeg882B712A-2744-4AF2-8D3D-B94E67D4A4E1.jpeg Ist pic at Arches, 2nd pic from campground near Zion
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

13. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by JannyAZ View Post
    Hope you have a terrific time. I recommend a rain fly and a ground cloth if you don’t already have them. Nothing worse than a soggy tent. Looking forward to hearing you de “scribe” your adventures!
    We have a ground cloth (waterproof tarp) but I have no clue what a rain fly is. But they are saying no rain....

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

We have a ground cloth (waterproof tarp) but I have no clue what a rain fly is. But they are saying no rain....
    Your tent should come with either a built in rain Gly or one you attach. Read contents of your tent. It will mention if one comes with or if it comes separate. I’d recommend making sure you have a small tarp if your tarp under tent isn’t big enough to give you room to put shoes on or take shoes off Outside the entrance of the tent.You will want to steak it down. It can be windy.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

16. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Enjoying some beautiful hiking through Colorado and Utah! Today in Arches of course we did Delicate Arch, but then we did another hike and got on a super scary, lucky to be alive trail by accident. One slip and no more Sharon. But I made it! Camping is OK too, but Moab is as dusty as Kilimanjaro. But Moab has showers. Love this photo, even though you can't really see me. Attachment 28495

Learned what we did was fin walking. That means hiking along the top of walls of rock.

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I survived camping! My only complaint was the noise from other tents (kids, a crying baby, adults partying) and road noise. On the way home we slept in an Econo Lodge and I thought I died and went to heaven. Perspective.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    08-06-2020 06:54 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Wow nice, you are lucky to have such a amazing and loving husband, All the best for your future.