Name
    Laura
    Last Activity
    05-23-2020 11:25 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Lightbulb Hello from Connecticut

Hi. My name is Laura and I had gastric sleeve surgery on March 22, 2019. I have lost 95 pounds since surgery which has been an incredible experience after being overweight for over 20 yrs.

I'm looking for a positive place for ideas, recipe modifications, and how to get past my current stall. I have lost confidence in myself as I did when I would constantly diet prior to surgery.

I know I have a great tool but now I really need to understand how best to use it in year 2 and meet my goals.

And I would be really interested in meeting other gastric sleevers in the area of Danbury CT to develop a local support group.

Thanks and have a beautiful day!

2. The following 5 users said welcome laurapatricio to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Hello from Connecticut

My only advice is to keep eating how you were originally taught. Maybe dig out your old materials. I'm over 6 years out and still do the protein first then veggies. I exercise daily. I also joined Weight Watchers for the accountability of stepping on the scale each month, but I wouldn't recommend that now as there are no meetings during COVID.

I weigh a few pounds under my goal, and have been here since losing it. I'd love to lose a little more. Maybe when life gets back to normal? Losing is so much easier than maintaining. But we can do it! Best of luck to you.

Your hospital doesn't have a support group? If not this is a fun place to hang out and ask questions.

5. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the group!
    Like Sharon, I am 6 years out. My suggestion to you is to always stay on top of your weight. Don't become complacent because old habits do come roaring back with no warning. I also joined Weight Watchers because I need the accountability. If you're looking for a positive place with great people, you've come to the right forum. We are all very supportive of each other and are always available when one of us needs a boost or a swift kick in the butt!

Gastric Sleeve Member laurapatricio's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Laura
    Last Activity
    05-23-2020 11:25 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Thanks for the reply. Great suggestions. I have been terrible about my protein and water. Getting back to basics and managing my habits.