Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    01-26-2020 02:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 191 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 115 Times

Default Re: Still alive, still kicking, still living the sleeved dream

Hi Christie, so good to 'see' you posting. You look just great and are a real inspiration to us here on the Forum.

Man, it sounds like things have been crazy busy, but the good thing is it sounds like they may be slowing down some now. You've had your hand full and still managed to stay on track with your Sleeve Lifestyle. That is awesome.

Good luck on getting settled in and be sure to post some pics of the new place. Lots of fun exciting times ahead!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal View Post
    Phew! I need a cup of tea and a lay down - and that's only after reading it!

Well done on getting everything done and living the good life!
    Thanks Lisa. It has been crazy busy but it was worth it all. So in love with my new house.

Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laurallynn View Post
    What a crazy, incredible story!! Congrats on getting through it all and here's to being back in the swing of things.
    Thank you. It was super busy but worth it. I just missed all my friends on here. And having fellow sleevers to talk to.

Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3 View Post
    Well, it's been really complicated to say the least. After my hysterectomy, I thought my stomach repair would be done in May as planned, but my surgeon kept on postponing with excuses and more excuses, took me a while to figure out that my case was so complicated that the surgeons were scared! After going to an other public hospital, where they didn't want to operate before September or October!! I decided to go private and just pay whatever. Lucky me, with the heat wave many patients cancelled appointments and surgery, and long story short that's how I got my surgery on June 28 with a really gifted and nice surgeon (number 5!!!)!! Had a complication ten days later, but since I'm good!

Crossing my fingers....of course at work my plans got all canceled so I'm not going to an other job overseas before next Summer, which is a big bummer!

Next week I see my surgeon, if he is ok, I can ask to go back to work (finally!!) if the expert (doc from work) agrees too...

The past year has been a real nightmare but hopefully I'm reaching the end of it now!!!

big hugs!!
    Oh goodness. Glad to hear you lucked out and had your surgery with a top notch surgeon. Sorry to hear you had some complications but it sounds like things are getting better so fingers crossed it continues to go well. And hopefully you are cleared to go back to work soon. I know sometimes being home for a long time can get boring. Especially if you can't do much. I know you love to travel but probably it will be better for your health to have a bit of a break and also have so much more access to all the foods you need. I remember before you had a hard time getting good quality proteins. So ook on the bright side.

Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
    Hi Christie, so good to 'see' you posting. You look just great and are a real inspiration to us here on the Forum.

Man, it sounds like things have been crazy busy, but the good thing is it sounds like they may be slowing down some now. You've had your hand full and still managed to stay on track with your Sleeve Lifestyle. That is awesome.

Good luck on getting settled in and be sure to post some pics of the new place. Lots of fun exciting times ahead!
    It has been busy but man oh man do I love our new house. I especially love hanging out on our back porch with coffee and my pets. My fat cat is allowed out with us now and he loves it. I am so loving my sleeved life!! I can't believe I am almost 3 years post sleeve. Time flies when you are having fun.

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12