Surgeon
    Reising
    Last Activity
    03-12-2020 05:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Surgery

I tried to post this a yesterday, but it didn't post for whatever reason.
    I've been on this weight loss journey since January. It took 5 months of the Dr. Assisted weight loss. And I must say I did pretty good on it. I went from 239 ( I think) to 203 the day of surgery. I was approved for surgery on July 19, surgery date was July 25th. I had lost 11 lbs the last month, so the Dr. Didnt think I needed to do the "pre-surgery" diet. He gave said he had openings this Thursday or next Thursday... We were shocked. But didnt figure work would be able to give us both 2 weeks off (we work for the same company, different stores.) So I went in on Tuesday and talked to our boss. Little did I know he said get it done. So we said ok.. Hurried thru the stuff we needed to do at home, and off we went on Thursday. Spent the night in the hospital, impressed the staff as I was up and walking by myself within 2 hours. I had half my water they had given me by the next morning. I was having trouble with the sipping as I would have pain at the top of my stomach ( or so it feels). In the hospital, they didnt seem to worried. Went home, and I'm having problems with the sipping. Warm- cold it doesnt matter the pain is still there. Only good thing, is as the days go by, the pain decreases. I have already passed my intake from yesterday, so that makes us happy. My Dr. Has me text him every night, and twice a day since I'm not hitting the goal. I'm sure things will get better. Warm water and Gatorade are getring boring, but in reality, thats all I drank before surgery too. Just cold. I can't wait until I can handle cold..

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/27/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Burpee (that's right)
    Last Activity
    01-02-2021 08:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 146 Times
    Was Thanked 91 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Default Re: Surgery

I’m glad it’s getting easier. I’m not very far ahead of you (sleeved 6/27) and I’m still feeling better every day. Keep drinking. The first couple of days was pretty hard and I had to keep the sips very small. As the days have gone on I can almost drink “normally” again. It’s weird how we’re all different. I do better with cold drinks. Your doctor sounds great staying on top of the situation. Good luck. The struggle is worth it.

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Cyndi
    Surgery date
    12/30/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Marema
    Last Activity
    01-09-2020 06:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1,143 Times
    Was Thanked 908 Times in 689 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,250 Times

Some things that helped me...

Ice cubes for a trickle effect.

Sugar free popsicles were my best friends LOL

You’re very fortunate to have a Dr that’s available 24/7. Mine is the same. I felt very confident I was in good hands. It sounds like you are too.

It will get better and easier, One Day At A Time ;-)

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    01-26-2020 02:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 191 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 115 Times

Congrats on your sleeve surgery! You are going to looooooove it. Every day you will feel better and stronger I promise. Your tummy is healing, it's mad and angry (it lost 3/4 of the 'family' LOL), but once you start protein and pureed foods you will feel better. Just remember to take it slowly and follow Dr's orders, you'll be fine.

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

I could barely get much down the first few weeks. I had to keep sipping as much as possible even though it was uncomfortable. I only could tolerate warm, non sweet liquids. It'll get better slowly but surely. Hang in there.

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents