Surgeon
    Dr. Burpee (that's right)
    Last Activity
    01-02-2021 08:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 146 Times
    Was Thanked 91 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Default I'm almost a sleever

Hello! I'm 5'3 and 61 years old. I've been heavy, then thin, then heavy, then not as heavy, then really heavy, then not as heavy, then back to heavy. Things really got out of hand after menopause in my early 40's. I developed the appetite from Hell and my metabolism died and I started packing on the pounds. After toying with the idea for a couple of years, I started down the bone fide road to gastric sleeve surgery in November. The impetus for me was that in October my slightly older sister had a stroke (after years of being heavy with co-morbidities) and she is now forced to use a walker. I don't want that to happen to me.
    I've lost 41 pounds through a LOT of exercise and about 1000 calories a day. From experience I know I can lose a little more, but I'll still be significantly overweight and I'll still be really hungry all the time. I'm hoping that with a smaller stomach and less Ghrelin hormone I'll have the tools to get myself down to a healthy weight.
    My only regret is that I finally threw out my thin clothes a couple of years ago!

2. The following 8 users said welcome JannyAZ to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents