Today 12:28 AM
    Said "Thanks" 921 Times
    Was Thanked 897 Times in 596 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 304 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Confession Time!

Yep.
    Russ said it all!
    Thanks so much Sharon for sharing this very personal story.
    I for one, admire your spirit.
    You will get through this.
    You truly are an amazing woman.
    English is not my first language, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

5. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/07/2013
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 07:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 785 Times
    Was Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 121 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    So what you're saying is you're not only a WLS superstar, you're also a saint. I would have beat those kids to death. Good thing I'm not a teacher... and neither are you now. Happy retirement to you! Enjoy every minute of it.
    OMG, I would have loved to slug both the biter and the shoe thrower, but teachers can't do that anymore!! Even though the biter was mentally challenged, I think a quick hit may have had him think next time he bit. The 7th grade shoe thrower will probably be suspended for a day or two.

7. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    10/07/2013
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 07:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 785 Times
    Was Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 121 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truss View Post
    You keep this so REAL !!... I so appreciate you and all the support and positive vibes you send it regularly. This confession came at a really unique time for me. Sometimes people post stuff that relate to others and never know.

Iím having more stress right now than Iíve had in a while. Iím in a class (one more week) to be a state instructor for Law Enforcement. I took a job that requires me to have the certification. I donít drink not regularly.. I donít really think about it unless Iím at a social (cookout or party) and even then not a lot. THIS WEEK I SO WANTED A BEER .. Just something A MIXED DRINK.. something to just unwind. It concerned me because that wasnít really normal for me ?... Yesterday I thought the hell with it I survived HELL WEEK, Iím having me a drink. I talked to a couple folks who have had the surgery and they said I was way to close post-surgery ( not yet ). I read your post and it was like WOW !!... I better wait . YOU TO ME ARE LIKE THE POSTER CHILD TO WLS. You are such a teacher !!... I see it through your post . But to be able to ADMIT you have An issue u got to address.. THATS SO MUCH MORE !!... U are a LEADER thatís real.. itís not all GOOD !!... but you post about everything you arenít selective it shows. You have virtually jerked a knot in my ass a couple times a few months ago. Talked to me just like a teacher would . I appreciate you being YOU !!... this to shall pass !.. now stay focused and find a Damn mountain to climb. You at a rock wall, u donít have to climb it.. just walk around it !!... and keep climbing that mountain. YOU ARE TO FOCUSED to be anything but an inspiration!!.... and I expect to keep reading your motivating post. You make it real, you still teaching !! I havenít graduated yet and I learn and take a lot from your post.. Iím not gonna bite or throw shoes or be an unruly (need their ass kicked ) students.. but Iím not leaving either you got more to shareand thatís what teachers do they share their knowledge and I need yours !!!!!.... so keep spreading your lesson plans to the ones of us that are still here in class.

Russ
    I love you Russ, don't tell my husband. I so appreciate your words. Glad to be able to help others, as others here have sure helped me!

9. Said thanks:

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 07:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 103 Times
    Was Thanked 112 Times in 78 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 48 Times

I'm so glad you caught it early! And you're a strong woman. You will get through this and come out even stronger!

HW: 315 lbs (2008) Maintained at 296 until 2015.
    SW: 255 lbs (10/11/18)
    1 mth post op: 229 -26lbs
    8 weeks post op 213 -42lbs
    3 month post op 197 -58lbs (at home)
    3 month post op appt 196 -59 lbs (1/28/19)
    6 month post op 171 -84 (4/11/19)

11. Said thanks:

12. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member coopersmom's Avatar
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 06:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 214 Times
    Was Thanked 54 Times in 47 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times

Sraebaer,
    Thank you for sharing such an honest and heartfelt post. I'm sorry that you're struggling, but thankful that you did catch it in time and are doing proactive things to help. You've always seemed like such a strong and logical person, I know that admitting the problem is half the battle and you definitely have the strength to overcome. You were successful when you struggled with gaining weight and went to Weight Watchers. You are a strong and brave woman. You can do this.

I used to drink quite a bit in my 30's and 40's and one day I did something similar....made a complete idiot out of myself on a girls vacation. I was so mortified oh it was awful. I decided then to stop. Cold turkey. People were shocked that I no longer drank them under the table, but I was just grateful to keep a clear head and to avoid the terrible hangovers that I used to get. I'd be in bed seriously for 3 days. No fun.

Best of luck to you!

14. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    05-20-2019 10:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 939 Times
    Was Thanked 2,865 Times in 2,141 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,431 Times
    Blog Entries

I am glad you are dealing with the addiction. I am thankful that so far I have not had any transfer addictions. (At least none that I have noticed.) I also have a friend who had bypass many years ago and she had a serious drinking problem. She is currently in rehab and will come out on the 28th. I know a lot of hers is also addiction transfer. She has struggled with alcoholism for years. Hopefully this time the rehab will stick. Please continue to be strong and control your urges. I think that if you were even having a nightly drink it wasn't an issue but you said the key word...you were "secretly" filling it up over and over. Big hugs Sharon!

16. Said thanks: