Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    12-24-2019 10:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times
    Was Thanked 192 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times

Default Randomness

Ok, so... I have been the busiest woman on the planet, it seems. I am extremely exhausted but my heart is so full. If you've read my story, then you know why I've been so busy. My husband got out the Friday before Easter. He came to church on Easter. The following Tuesday, I revealed to him, in front of my pastor, that I'm the one that turned him in. Much to my surprise, he understood why. He drew out his 401k, paid off his bond when he got his check. He asked if he could see us from Sunday to Wednesday and then he checked himself into a rehab/counseling facility. Back up one day... my court hearing for custody of the youngest 3 was on Tuesday. We sat in the courtroom lobby area for 4 hours and then they took a break for lunch. We come back after lunch and their biological mother wanted to talk to me. It was actually a decent conversation. She knew that there was no way she was going to get them so she tried to make a deal with me. I agreed to make a deal with her. She didn't try to get custody of them and I would allow her to see them IF she can pass a hair follicle drug test. The judge gave me legal primary physical custody of all 6 kids. My husband can't see them outside of the rehab visitations unless he completes his 12 months. After that, it will be at my discretion. With all of that good news come some not so good news. It was bound to happen and I expected as much. Especially since I've been going nonstop for the past 2 weeks... I am going to be having a MS relapse. I don't know when but I feel it coming on. I've been struggling with dehydration also. I've been getting 64 ounces but I still get cramps in my feet so bad that i can't stand. So yesterday I decided to drink 20 ounces of Powerade zero. I guess I just needed electrolytes because last night was my first night without cramps in my feet in 2 weeks. I'm still struggling with breathing problems but I go see my doctor on Monday. I bought a pair of pajamas yesterday that were an 8/10! I'm so very excited about that! This post is all over the place so I hope yall are doing well. I'm off to go to bed. nite!

HW: 315 lbs (2008) Maintained at 296 until 2015.
    SW: 255 lbs (10/11/18)
    1 mth post op: 229 -26lbs
    8 weeks post op 213 -42lbs
    3 months post op 197 -58lbs (at home)
    3 month post op appt 196 -59 lbs (1/28/19)
    6 months post op 171 -84 lbs (4/11/19) (at home)
    9 months post op 150 -105 lbs (7/11/19) (at home) *GOAL*
    1 year post op - maintained at 150

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Simonne
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pablo Enriquez Valens
    Last Activity
    07-05-2020 12:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1,206 Times
    Was Thanked 1,222 Times in 797 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 365 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Randomness

Thanks so much for confiding in us and sharing your story.
    I cannot imagine what you are going through.
    You are an amazing and strong woman!

Hopefully you are dead wrong about your relapse, I'll pray for that.
    Do the best you can, nobody can expect more.
    You will get through this!
    English is not my first language anymore, so I may and do make mistakes in my spelling, or say things oddly. Please ask me, if you want any clarifications.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    01-26-2020 02:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 191 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 115 Times

Dear Ellis,
    You're such a strong person. I am so proud of you and your dedication to the kids. But please, please take care of yourself too! They need you happy and healthy so remember to treat your body and spirit kindly. Sending you big cyber hugs.

7. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    05/23/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr Shillingford
    Last Activity
    07-14-2019 02:12 PM
    Said "Thanks" 295 Times
    Was Thanked 105 Times in 80 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Michelle, you are such an amazing person! You are doing a wonderful thing with those children. I can only imagine how exhausted you must be - both physically and emotionally. I will reiterate what Coopersmom said - you MUST take care of yourself. I'm not sure what type of MS you have, but if its relapsing-remitting, every flare has the potential to worsen your condition and your overall health (I'm sure you are aware of this if you have RRMS). PLEASE take good care of yourself and I pray that you are not going into a relapse. You need to stay as healthy and functional as possible for your sake as well as for the sake of those 6 children. On a side note - fitting into an 8/10 is fantastic!! Congrats on that!

9. Said thanks:

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times

I hope I am dead wrong about the relapse also. I don't think that I am though. I've been without my shots for 3 weeks. Switching from major medical insurance to Medicaid has created a few flaming hoops that I have to jump through to get my shots. My balance is always off but it's been really bad this week and my legs feel weak. Daily migraines have been rough... it is relapsing remitting MS. This November will be 15 years since diagnosis. I've had a relapse every 5 months since then. During the trial of my daughters rapist (in my story if you've read it), I was having monthly relapses. My doctor had the nurse at my house monthly with 1,000mg of IV steroids. It was a year of monthly steroids and eventually progressed to 1,000mg every 2 weeks. When I started my shots in September 2017, I've only had 2 relapses since. Going without the shots doesn't help, especially at a time where I'm so physically, mentally, and emotionally stressed. With that being said, I know I'm going to be okay. I will go over the speed bump when it gets here and I will continue to fight the fight. With the exception of meeting up with my brother in law at the grocery store yesterday, I have been just relaxing at home. My kids asked me what I wanted to do for Mother's Day and I told them "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!" lol... I might go outside with them and maybe get in the pool but that's it. I need some down time and I'm going to get it. Lol

11. Said thanks:

12. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Oh Michelle. Happy about your kiddos. Hope your health holds out and the MS doesn't relapse. Sending you virtual hugs. You are amazing!! And wahoo about the PJ's!

14. Said thanks:

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13 View Post
    Oh Michelle. Happy about your kiddos. Hope your health holds out and the MS doesn't relapse. Sending you virtual hugs. You are amazing!! And wahoo about the PJ's!
    Thank you! So far so good. It's not getting better but it isn't getting worse either. Still waiting on my shots to be approved.

16. Said thanks:

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

How lucky are those children that they have you on their side! What a blessing you are.

You have been though (and still are going through) so much and yet you still project such positivity. You are such a strong woman.

I hope you get those shots soon and that you get to to spend a day lounging in your lovely pj's soon - you certainly deserve it.

Sending you all my good wishes
    xxx

18. Said thanks:

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EllisM80 View Post
    I hope I am dead wrong about the relapse also. I don't think that I am though. I've been without my shots for 3 weeks. Switching from major medical insurance to Medicaid has created a few flaming hoops that I have to jump through to get my shots. My balance is always off but it's been really bad this week and my legs feel weak. Daily migraines have been rough... it is relapsing remitting MS. This November will be 15 years since diagnosis. I've had a relapse every 5 months since then. During the trial of my daughters rapist (in my story if you've read it), I was having monthly relapses. My doctor had the nurse at my house monthly with 1,000mg of IV steroids. It was a year of monthly steroids and eventually progressed to 1,000mg every 2 weeks. When I started my shots in September 2017, I've only had 2 relapses since. Going without the shots doesn't help, especially at a time where I'm so physically, mentally, and emotionally stressed. With that being said, I know I'm going to be okay. I will go over the speed bump when it gets here and I will continue to fight the fight. With the exception of meeting up with my brother in law at the grocery store yesterday, I have been just relaxing at home. My kids asked me what I wanted to do for Mother's Day and I told them "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!" lol... I might go outside with them and maybe get in the pool but that's it. I need some down time and I'm going to get it. Lol
    Michelle, as you know stress makes it worse and there is no way to go through what you are with the kids without stress. The system is difficult to navigate, and they are blessed to have you as their advocate. With my granddaughter (5 at the time), her court things drug out 5 years before he wa finally on the registry, despite 3 other convictions for aggravated ssexual assault on a child undere 5, from other places he lived in this state. And last week, his obituary was in the paper. I am a bit ashamed to say I am very glad. He hurt so many little girls, two more after my granddaughter, pending his hearing. Don't know how or what he died from. We haven't told her. I think until the counselor says its okay, we won't.

PRAYERS for thee kids, you and all your doctors.
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

Name
    Cyndi
    Surgery date
    12/30/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Marema
    Last Activity
    01-09-2020 06:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1,143 Times
    Was Thanked 908 Times in 689 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,250 Times

Michelle,

Sending All Good Thoughts and Prayers for you and yours.

Your journey is an inspiration :-)

21. Said thanks:

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG View Post
    Michelle, as you know stress makes it worse and there is no way to go through what you are with the kids without stress. The system is difficult to navigate, and they are blessed to have you as their advocate. With my granddaughter (5 at the time), her court things drug out 5 years before he wa finally on the registry, despite 3 other convictions for aggravated ssexual assault on a child undere 5, from other places he lived in this state. And last week, his obituary was in the paper. I am a bit ashamed to say I am very glad. He hurt so many little girls, two more after my granddaughter, pending his hearing. Don't know how or what he died from. We haven't told her. I think until the counselor says its okay, we won't.

PRAYERS for thee kids, you and all your doctors.
    Oh, wow!!! Let me tell you, if I had news like that about the guys that raped my daughter, I wouldn't throw a party but i wouldn't be sad about it in the least bit! The one that didn't get convicted, I run the risk of running into him every time I leave the house. Thankfully, in 4 years, I haven't yet. The other one gets out in 4 years and probably will live with his grandmother which is right down the road a short ways. THAT stresses my brain more than what I'm currently going through. Lol. But yes, stress stress stress... honestly, the end of the school year schedule stresses me out more than anything. AND my daughter just made the volleyball team. Omgoodness at her schedule! I can't wait til she can drive without me in the car... and get a job... and pay her own car insurance! Lol. Thank you for your prayers! I could use all the prayers I could get!

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal View Post
    How lucky are those children that they have you on their side! What a blessing you are.

You have been though (and still are going through) so much and yet you still project such positivity. You are such a strong woman.

I hope you get those shots soon and that you get to to spend a day lounging in your lovely pj's soon - you certainly deserve it.

Sending you all my good wishes
    xxx
    Thank you!! I took Thursday afternoon/evening & Friday to myself! Finally! Only had to leave the house for 2 hours today. I'm soaking up all the lounging time I can. Awards ceremonies started on Thursday. 5 more kids to go. School lets out on the 23rd of May but camp/volleyball practice/tryouts/doctors appointments start. Thankfully, my support system is strong so I have extra moms around when I can't be. I'm truly blessed! I honestly can't wait to see all the good things coming my way. I trust & believe it will happen. I just have to walk, skip or run through the scattered storms.