Surgeon
    Dr. B
    Last Activity
    08-24-2021 02:48 PM
    Said "Thanks" 18 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default coffee replacement?

So what do ya'll drink in the mornings in place of coffee? I'm almost 3 months out & down 41 pounds! I know I should be happy about that but I feel it should be more. I have to get up really early for work so I usually drink a cup of coffee with French vanilla creamer (I know I should do sugar free but I hate the taste of it) and then I usually drink a premier protein drink. I love coffee, but it kinda makes me jittery. Any suggestions on something else I could drink in the mornings besides coffee that would help wake me up, but doesn't have a ton of calories?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: coffee replacement?

I make myself a big latte. I use espresso, Splenda, fat free fairlife milk, a scoop of collagen powder, and a splash of 1/2 and 1/2. It is about 180 calories for a huge glass but that is my breakfast so I don't mind. It also has 30g of protein and it helps me start my day off right. I don't eat for a while after that. If you like vanilla maybe you could add vanilla premier protein shake to your coffee. I hear a lot of people do that with whatever flavor they like. Carmel is a popular one.

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Russ
    Surgery date
    03/28/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. M. Cox
    Last Activity
    09-26-2022 02:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times

Shhhhh.... I believe in sharing secrets !!... but I’ve been to 3 different places hunting the Carmel flavored Premier Protein. (LOL) I told my wife it’s like everybody has tried it or someone is promoting it. I have a lot of different flavors, cookies and cream mixed with a little Almond milk and “PB2” is close to being my favorite. If I can’t Carmel flavored Premier protein soon.

I do use swig of vanilla flavored in my decaf coffee, if I decide to drink a cup.

My favorite thing here lately is “Diet Minute Maid Lemonade “ I think that’s the name ? I comes in a 12 ounce can and has like 5 calories.
    BUT I CANT THEM EITHER !!!!.... my wife said it’s because you talk stuff up to your friends and general public and everybody runs out and buys !!

I told her I wish I had that kind of influence..(LOL). I just can’t beleive everything I went shopping for isn’t to be found..

NOW I KNOW !!!.... u posting my Carmel flavored protein all over the INTERNET!!... (LOL)

Have a GREAT DAY
    Russ

6. Said thanks:

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Truss View Post
    Shhhhh.... I believe in sharing secrets !!... but I’ve been to 3 different places hunting the Carmel flavored Premier Protein. (LOL) I told my wife it’s like everybody has tried it or someone is promoting it. I have a lot of different flavors, cookies and cream mixed with a little Almond milk and “PB2” is close to being my favorite. If I can’t Carmel flavored Premier protein soon.

I do use swig of vanilla flavored in my decaf coffee, if I decide to drink a cup.

My favorite thing here lately is “Diet Minute Maid Lemonade “ I think that’s the name ? I comes in a 12 ounce can and has like 5 calories.
    BUT I CANT THEM EITHER !!!!.... my wife said it’s because you talk stuff up to your friends and general public and everybody runs out and buys !!

I told her I wish I had that kind of influence..(LOL). I just can’t beleive everything I went shopping for isn’t to be found..

NOW I KNOW !!!.... u posting my Carmel flavored protein all over the INTERNET!!... (LOL)

Have a GREAT DAY
    Russ
    I’ve bought the Carmel at Costco and Walmart. I love it in coffee. Hope you can find some soon.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    12-24-2019 10:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times
    Was Thanked 192 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times

Have a GREAT DAY
    Russ
    I drink Isopure salted caramel. It's really good in coffee. Walmart has the premier protein caramel.
    Attached Images

HW: 315 lbs (2008) Maintained at 296 until 2015.
    SW: 255 lbs (10/11/18)
    1 mth post op: 229 -26lbs
    8 weeks post op 213 -42lbs
    3 months post op 197 -58lbs (at home)
    3 month post op appt 196 -59 lbs (1/28/19)
    6 months post op 171 -84 lbs (4/11/19) (at home)
    9 months post op 150 -105 lbs (7/11/19) (at home) *GOAL*
    1 year post op - maintained at 150

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    10/11/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Clifford Black
    Last Activity
    12-24-2019 10:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 168 Times
    Was Thanked 192 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times

Quote Originally Posted by madjar1106 View Post
    So what do ya'll drink in the mornings in place of coffee? I'm almost 3 months out & down 41 pounds! I know I should be happy about that but I feel it should be more. I have to get up really early for work so I usually drink a cup of coffee with French vanilla creamer (I know I should do sugar free but I hate the taste of it) and then I usually drink a premier protein drink. I love coffee, but it kinda makes me jittery. Any suggestions on something else I could drink in the mornings besides coffee that would help wake me up, but doesn't have a ton of calories?
    The only thing I replace is truvia for sugar, sugar free syrup or sugar free creamer in place of regular.

HW: 315 lbs (2008) Maintained at 296 until 2015.
    SW: 255 lbs (10/11/18)
    1 mth post op: 229 -26lbs
    8 weeks post op 213 -42lbs
    3 months post op 197 -58lbs (at home)
    3 month post op appt 196 -59 lbs (1/28/19)
    6 months post op 171 -84 lbs (4/11/19) (at home)
    9 months post op 150 -105 lbs (7/11/19) (at home) *GOAL*
    1 year post op - maintained at 150

11. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I was never told I couldn't drink coffee. I enjoy it with Premier Protein shake vanilla as my cremer/sweetener every morning.

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Have a GREAT DAY
    Russ
    LOL. Every time I like something it also becomes hard to find. I was so in love with Think Thin High Protein Berry Crumble oatmeal. Couldn't find it anymore except on Amazon and they wanted some crazy amount for it. No thanks. Also, I used to love Advant Edge Low Carb Iced Brew Coffee protein shakes...(actually I also like their chocolate) and I had those for years and they stopped selling them as well. Wonder if the company went out of business? As for the caramel premier protein, we usually buy them at Walmart. For a while they were out and we could only find them on Amazon but they have them again now.