Dr. Jennifer Lane
    Last Activity
    04-29-2019 12:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default My first post

Hi everyone,
    I am 47 yrs old. Married, Mom of 2. I was sleeved 3 months ago on Jan 15th. I started my pre-op diet at 245 and today I am 185lbs. Im averaging about 2-3 lbs per week. My goal is 130 as I am only 5'2". But if i can make it to 140 ish I'd be thrilled with that. I have had many ups and downs in the last 3 months. I still can't hardly each much but i do notice that if i don't stick to sugar free/diet foods, even with a calorie deficit, I will gain weight back. I drink 2 protein shakes a day but i rarely get the recommended amount in water but i do try each day. I miss certain foods and i miss being able to enjoy food like i used to but, also grateful for this surgery. I needed this help and I'm so glad i did it.
    Thanks for the add
    Dawn

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My first post

Hi and welcome.
    You are doing great.
    You really do need to make it your job to get in your water. I have a bottle with me at all times and just continually sip from it. It eventually becomes a habit.
    I'm not sure about the sugar free/diet foods. Maybe concentrate on getting in healthy proteins (fish, chicken, eggs etc) then if you have some room some green veggies, and if some room still (I never have) a small amount of carbs. The protein will fill you up and sustain you longer than any diet or sugar free foods will. You want to be able to eat "normal" foods. You will be able to enjoy food like you used to. It will just be in smaller quantities and probably better choices than before.
    This is a lifestyle not a diet. The sleeve is a fabulous tool but you have to work at making it work :-)
    All the best!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Wow, you're doing great! Be sure to concentrate on protein first, then veggies, then good carbs if you're still hungry. I know I wasn't doing any sugar free/diet foods at 3 months. I was eating fish, chicken, veggies, etc. I wonder if you'll do better focusing on real food. And water. And exercise. Just my 2 cents.

If you try not to think of this as a diet but a lifestyle change, that may help.

Good luck and congrats at all that weight. You must feel fantastic! I'm 5"3" and 140, the top of the healthy range. I'd like to get lower, a little closer to the middle, but that isn't happening at this time.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    01-26-2020 02:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 191 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 115 Times

Congratulations, you've already done an amazing job. I'm sure things will sort themselves out and become easier as time goes on. I bet you already feel a lot healthier. Keep up the good work!

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Great job so far. It is hard to get all your fluids in the beginning but keep trying. As for gaining weight if you eat non sugar free/diet stuff....do you mean like breads? I know in the beginning I had to avoid processed carbs. I only ate lean meats, veggies, yogurt, cheese, protein shakes, low carb protein bars etc. Now I can eat pretty much anything as long as I exercise regularly. I do weigh myself daily to make sure I do not go overboard. If I start to go up a little in weight the first thing I cut back on are carbs. Just document so you know what works for you. I know that during the weight loss phase if my weight stopped it was time for me to eat more.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents