Surgeon
    Dr. Heider
    Last Activity
    10-07-2019 09:25 PM
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Surgery pain

Hey y’all so I’ve been out of surgery for about 6 hours now. Did anyone else experience severe gas pain I mean my stomach is hurting so bad but I can burp or anything it just makes loud noises. Any of y’all experience that and for how long?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Surgery pain

Yes. Didn't last long. (My stomach was LOUD.). Try a positive attitude and excitement over what is to come. Your 2019 will be AMAZING.

4. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Russ
    Surgery date
    03/28/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. M. Cox
    Last Activity
    09-26-2022 02:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times

All I remember is I had to walk !!... I had made my mind up I had to start walking. The nurses call in about 6 hrs after my surgery and asked if I’d “peed”.
    I thought seriously?.. and I made some comment and they said they would have to insert a “Cather”. I was back up standing trying to “pee”. I was as high as a Georgia Pine. I went to bathroom dragging my IV pole. Wife on one side and daughter on the other. I went to sleep standing in bathroom. I done everything (ran water).. daughter put on “water sounds” on her phone and I walked and as long as they fed me ice chips I was ok. (Meaning awake)

I finally went to the bathroom not enough but enough to buy some time !.. I’d done asked what time shift change was happening. My daughter busted out laughing and said “Daddy is fixing to be in Negotiation Mood” .. “ High on Meds, and fixing to negotiate he’s way out of a Cather”.

I did !!!!

But there’s no way in “Haiti” I could have posted on here!!...

YOU ARE DOING GREAT !!.... hang tough!!... everyday is a little better.

7 days post op and I’m finally feeling better everyday

RUSS

6. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    10/18/2018
    Surgeon
    Jorge Maytorena
    Last Activity
    07-22-2020 08:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

The pain will get better each day and you should feel exceedingly better over the next 3 days. The sounds are a bit interesting. I still get a lot of noises. I burp weird. By friend who had it before me said she’s glad she has someone who makes noise now too. It’s super minor now. Just gurgling after eating. When I had surgery I came out of surgery recovery at like 6pm and had a poopy night. I even threw up blood. But by the next morning after sleeping a felt much better.

8. Said thanks:

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

Yep, some rather interesting sounds.....but I wasn't at all bothered - still sleepy and not really worried about anything at that stage. The nurses had me up and walking fairly quickly but as soon as I was back in bed I was snoozing again. The next day was much better and walking often really did help with the recovery.
    This is such an exciting time for you. You are going to love your new life :-)

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Bellagirl's Avatar
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    03/27/2019
    Surgeon
    Corrigan McBride
    Last Activity
    04-08-2020 09:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 134 Times
    Was Thanked 84 Times in 58 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 205 Times

Mine lasted also a week, I was worried it was a growling stomach from not eating food over 2 weeks. But it has quieted down a lot. I was told the noise comes from the acids in my new stomach, and to make sure I was taking my prescribed Omeprazole. Makes sense. As for the gas pain, each day it will lessen. I think that lasted only 1-2 days. It’s gone now, and I’m at 8 days post surgery.

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

A newly sleeved belly sounds like a damn symphony of odd noises. It is crazy that it can actually sound like that. The more you walk the more it will help with the gas pains. You should continue to move around. It really does help. And keep sipping so you do not get dehydrated. Dehydration will make you really sick. If you have problems with fluids try switching the temperature. My belly did a lot better with room temperature or warmer. Cold fluids hurt my belly. Eventually the loud noises mostly go away but occasionally I still hear some weird noises. LOL.

15. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    01-26-2020 02:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 191 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 115 Times

Quote Originally Posted by katelyn890 View Post
    Hey y’all so I’ve been out of surgery for about 6 hours now. Did anyone else experience severe gas pain I mean my stomach is hurting so bad but I can burp or anything it just makes loud noises. Any of y’all experience that and for how long?
    Hahaha Katelyn, I LOVE that your posting only 6 hours after surgery. I'm sorry your having some gas pain, but you're obviously a tough cookie. So happy things went well with your surgery! You are going to do great.

17. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Truss View Post
    All I remember is I had to walk !!... I had made my mind up I had to start walking. The nurses call in about 6 hrs after my surgery and asked if I’d “peed”.
    I thought seriously?.. and I made some comment and they said they would have to insert a “Cather”. I was back up standing trying to “pee”. I was as high as a Georgia Pine. I went to bathroom dragging my IV pole. Wife on one side and daughter on the other. I went to sleep standing in bathroom. I done everything (ran water).. daughter put on “water sounds” on her phone and I walked and as long as they fed me ice chips I was ok. (Meaning awake)

I finally went to the bathroom not enough but enough to buy some time !.. I’d done asked what time shift change was happening. My daughter busted out laughing and said “Daddy is fixing to be in Negotiation Mood” .. “ High on Meds, and fixing to negotiate he’s way out of a Cather”.

I did !!!!

But there’s no way in “Haiti” I could have posted on here!!...

YOU ARE DOING GREAT !!.... hang tough!!... everyday is a little better.

7 days post op and I’m finally feeling better everyday

RUSS
    Great to hear you're feeling better each day Russ. It's amazing what we can force ourselves to do when faced with an unpleasant catheter alternative. LOL Keep on keeping on!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bellagirl View Post
    Mine lasted also a week, I was worried it was a growling stomach from not eating food over 2 weeks. But it has quieted down a lot. I was told the noise comes from the acids in my new stomach, and to make sure I was taking my prescribed Omeprazole. Makes sense. As for the gas pain, each day it will lessen. I think that lasted only 1-2 days. It’s gone now, and I’m at 8 days post surgery.
    So happy you're doing better as well Bellagirl. It seems like if you can get through the first couple of days, each day after seems to get a little better. Hang in there, you're doing great.