Unable to share
    Last Activity
    12-07-2019 07:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Kirby's journey

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa77 View Post
    Hey! Hiw are you? How is everything going?
    It's going well! Im finding myself with sooo much more free time and mental space that doesn't involve food! It's such a relief. Challenging still but loving it! You?

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/22/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Miles
    Last Activity
    05-29-2019 07:30 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Doing good. Things are improving every day.. I’m much better getting to add little things along. I go for a check up today.. but so far 20 pounds down! Woo-hoo

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/23/2019
    Surgeon
    Unable to share
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa77 View Post
    Hey! Hiw are you? How is everything going?
    It's all going well! Back to my normal activities and everything. I keep giving myself larger portions of soup etc than I can manage even with small bowls! A learning curve for sure. How about you?

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/23/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr Shillingford
    Last Activity
    07-14-2019 02:12 PM
    Said "Thanks" 295 Times
    Was Thanked 105 Times in 80 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Wow Kirby - back to normal activities and everything after only 14 days, thats great! Glad to hear things are going so well.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/23/2019
    Surgeon
    Unable to share
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times

Things are still going well! I was lucky to be able to have 3 weeks off to recover. Back at work now and building up my exercise tolerance as I'm on my feet all day.

Having a stall so I haven't weighed myself in a week and probably won't for as long as I can manage. So I'm focussing on non scale victories such as my work trousers not being super tight anymore! My face is looking more defined which has given me some confidence back.

I am having a bad day today - I have a busy day tomorrow, my whole body hurts and I've been needing 4 hour naps on top of 8 hour sleeps... Which isn't unusual for me but it's even more necessary at the moment. I can't even watch TV because it's too much effort. I don't think I've eaten enough which is probably causing some of this and the stress of starting work again. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow, ready for a new day! ������

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    01-26-2020 02:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 191 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 115 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Things are still going well! I was lucky to be able to have 3 weeks off to recover. Back at work now and building up my exercise tolerance as I'm on my feet all day.

Having a stall so I haven't weighed myself in a week and probably won't for as long as I can manage. So I'm focussing on non scale victories such as my work trousers not being super tight anymore! My face is looking more defined which has given me some confidence back.

I am having a bad day today - I have a busy day tomorrow, my whole body hurts and I've been needing 4 hour naps on top of 8 hour sleeps... Which isn't unusual for me but it's even more necessary at the moment. I can't even watch TV because it's too much effort. I don't think I've eaten enough which is probably causing some of this and the stress of starting work again. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow, ready for a new day! ������
    Hey Kirby,
    Was thinking about you and wondering how you were coming along. I am sure going back into a structured work environment is difficult at first, hopefully it is smoothing out for you. I hear ya' about being so tired sometimes, you can't even watch tv, LOL. I rarely stay up long enough to finish the first show I might start around 9 pm.

Congrats on the 20 lbs down. It's an amazing thing to see your body changing literally right before your eyes isn't it? I forgot I had a chin and cheekbones, but here they come again. YAY!

Keep it up!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/23/2019
    Surgeon
    Unable to share
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times

I think I'm getting more impatient now. And becoming worried about messing up as I do find myself becoming hungry! It's resolved by 1 bite but I guess it feels like I'm failing even though I'm still eating way less. My whole body has clearly changed though and I can wear smaller sizes and I'm more confident.... still got that thought in the back of my mind of oh no it's gonna fail anyway. This is the weight I can diet to and then start to fail. Scared I'll repeat.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/23/2019
    Surgeon
    Unable to share
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times

Struggling today. My physical appetite occurs very strongly when I haven't eaten for 3 hours. And my mental appetite comes and goes but when it comes I find myself pushing past fullness. What are the chances that within a month of surgery, messing up a few times causes me to stretch my pouch?? Stressed at the moment in general with moving house and having all my property and life in multiple cities. End vent!

Also haven't pooed for a week despite multiple forms of laxatives.....
    Reason: poo talk

Gastric Sleeve Member meggieprice's Avatar
    Surgeon
    John Feng, MD
    Last Activity
    11-26-2021 01:15 AM
    Said "Thanks" 54 Times
    Was Thanked 46 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 18 Times

Hello dear!
    As an 8 year vet who relapsed badly and then managed to lose it again- I really recommend you try and get some therapy to deal with your issues. The regain issue is real and common! The fact you are struggling so soon is a warning sign for you and I want you to succeed! Come to the forum for help and support.
    HUGS!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/10/2018
    Surgeon
    DR Halstead
    Last Activity
    11-01-2021 08:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 143 Times
    Was Thanked 257 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries

Struggling today. My physical appetite occurs very strongly when I haven't eaten for 3 hours. And my mental appetite comes and goes but when it comes I find myself pushing past fullness. What are the chances that within a month of surgery, messing up a few times causes me to stretch my pouch?? Stressed at the moment in general with moving house and having all my property and life in multiple cities. End vent!

HI Kirby, well done for your achievement so far. It is a struggle and the mental part is probably the hardest of all. Also regarding not going to the toilet and using laxatives, i would suggest you increase your fluid intake. I had to have an enema as i ended up with a compacted bowel from not going to the loo. Try drinking prune juice and if you are on solids try eating a couple of prunes as its nicer than the juice. Now that I am a year out I make sure I have fibre in my diet to try and keep on top pf my bowels. Hopefully it will start getting easier for you. This forum is a great place for inspiration and help.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/29/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Foreman
    Last Activity
    01-26-2020 02:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 558 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 191 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 115 Times

Hey Kirby!
    I've been busy getting back home and settled in after being gone for a month, so I haven't been online much. Sorry to see you are having some struggles. It does sound like you've got some stressful issues going on and I know in my past that was always a trigger for me to overeat. Are you planning meals or playing it by ear? I have found that if I don't plan, my whole day is off kilter. I never seem to be able to get the protein I need and I end of tired and hungry. Are you able to get some exercise in? That might help as a stress reliever. I walk/run 45 minutes a day. It's the most relaxing time of entire day, just me and mother nature.

Hoping things turn around quickly for you, but you still have done an amazing job so far. Hang in there!