Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    07-27-2020 09:58 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Hello

I知 a little nervous about my upcoming surgery. I have some questions and need some help.
    1. What are the most common post surgery side effects?

2. Does the Baja hospital have WiFi? Not sure if AT&T will work in Mexico, I値l want to call home to check on my baby.

3. I don稚 have a passport yet because their offices are closed here in GA due to covid-19. I do have my valid DL and my citizenship certificate. Will these suffice for border crossing? I値l be flying to San Diego, will I need a passport to fly or will my DL be fine since it値l be domestic and within the US?

2. The following 5 users said welcome Adanso2020 to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: Hello

You'll have to check, but I have never heard of going to another country without a passport. Find out who to ask if they are making exceptions during COVID.

Some people have side effects, others do not. I had none other than being a little sore and very tired. I only took my pain meds for a day or two. That lasted about a week.

No clue about WiFi but after surgery all I did was sleep and walk a little. Never even opened my computer of turned on the TV. I was there overnight and happy to be back to my bed!

Good luck. Check on that passport so you can reschedule if you need to.

Gastric Sleeve Member Adanso2020's Avatar
    Surgery date
    08/07/2020
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    07-27-2020 09:58 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

If you are leaving the country, I am pretty sure you need a passport. I would definitely check that out along with the WIfi situation. I had no post op problems, little twinges of pain in the abdomen area, but meds took care of that. I think I took my meds about a week and after that nothing. Good Luck with your surgery!

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

You will need a valid passport for travel to Mexico. You can expedite your passport in as little as 24 hours if needed. Since June 1st, 2009, most U.S. citizens traveling to Mexico are required to carry passports to get across the border. Here are the travel requirements for each of the circumstances below to answer your question, “Do You Need A Passport To Go To Mexico?”

Flying Into/Out of Mexico
    US citizens of any age flying to or from Mexico must have a US passport book, no exceptions. You should be aware that the US passport CARD is no good for air travel. The Passport Card is designed for frequent travelers by land and sea to Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean. Savvy travelers should always carry their passport book too.
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    Blog Entries

Passport Operations in Response to COVID-19
    COVID-19 Update
    May 1, 2020Information for U.S. Passport Customers
    Know Before You Apply For A U.S. Passport

If you are thinking about applying for or renewing a U.S. passport now for international travel, please read the Department of State's current international travel advisory. Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have extremely limited U.S. passport operations. If you apply or renew now, you will experience significant delays of several months to receive your U.S. passport and the return of your citizenship evidence documents (such as birth certificates or naturalization certificates). Unless you have a life-or-death emergency, please wait until we resume normal operations to apply for or renew your passport.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What if I have an emergency and need to get a passport quickly?

We are only able to offer in-person service at our agencies or centers for customers who need to travel internationally within 72 hours due to a qualified life-or-death emergency. Learn more below to see if you qualify for a life-or-death emergency appointment.

2. Can I still apply?

Unless you have a life-or-death emergency, please wait to apply for or renew your passport or you will experience significant delays of several months to receive your U.S. passport and your citizenship evidence documents.

3. Can I expedite my passport?

No. We suspended expedited service on March 19 and are not offering this service to any applicants.

4. What if I applied before passport operations were limited on March 19?

Because we have limited staff due to COVID-19, if you applied on or before March 19, you will experience significant delays of several months to receive your passport and the return of your citizenship evidence documents. If you received a letter from us requesting additional information to process your passport application, you may mail your response to the address in the letter. Expect significant processing delays.

5. Can I get a status update on my passport?

We will not be able to provide a specific update on when you will receive your passport and when we will return your citizenship evidence documents until we resume normal operations. If you call our National Passport Information Center or check our Online Passport Status System after you apply or renew, your application status may be "Not Found" or "In Process." While we continue to accept applications, process your payments, and safeguard your forms and supporting documents, we will not be able to update these status messages until we resume operations and our staff return to our facilities across the country.

6. What qualifies as a life-or-death emergency?

Life-or-death emergencies are serious illnesses, injuries, or deaths in your immediate family (e.g., parent, child, spouse, sibling, aunt, uncle, etc.) that require you to travel outside the United States within 72 hours (3 days). You must provide:

A passport application with supporting documents
    Proof of the life-or-death emergency such as a death certificate, a statement from a mortuary, or a signed letter from a hospital or medical professional. Documents must be in English or translated in English.
    Proof of international travel (e.g. reservation, ticket, itinerary) specific to the emergency
    To make an appointment at a passport agency or center for a life-or-death emergency, you must call our National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 (1-888-874-7793 TDD/TTY) on Monday- Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time, except federal holidays. Call 202-647-4000 outside of these hours to make an appointment.

Our passport agencies in Connecticut and New York are closed to the public until further notice.

7. Can I apply in person now?

Yes. However, unless you have a life-or-death emergency, please wait until we resume normal operations to apply for your passport.

If you need to apply in person (all children under age 16 and first-time applicants), you can apply at acceptance facilities which include post offices, clerk of courts, and libraries. Please contact your local acceptance facility to confirm if it is open or closed. If you want to apply at a post office, you will need to make an appointment directly on the USPS.com website.

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    Blog Entries

Now, regarding post surgical symptoms. I had a minor (bleeding) complication and got 2 units of blood, and 1 extra day in hospital (2 days total). NO pain meds needed there or at home.

Some gas (walk walk walk) and tired (nap nap nap). But only regret almost 3 years is ou its that I didn't do it sooner!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Sounds like you will have to reschedule. Elective surgery is not a life or death emergency. Sorry!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/02/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Walter Cha
    Last Activity
    02-07-2024 11:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

You will need a passport to enter Mexico. You can request an expedited application through the Post Office. Passport application offices should be open. Also you can call your congressman's office on how to expedite a request. Don't wait.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/02/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Walter Cha
    Last Activity
    02-07-2024 11:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Check the Post Office website for updated Covid restriction concerning a passport application. You will need to make an online application for an in person application. There is an upcharge for an expedited app.

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

You will need a valid passport to travel to Mexico. Due to the Corona Virus I would reschedule. I don’t know how bad TJ is but I saw on t.v that Mexico City and other areas have been hit hard with the virus. Lots of deaths and lots of people go from feeling sick to life threatening symptoms in a matter of day or two. They talked with a doctor and showed a lot of disturbing pictures. The scary part is they haven’t closed their border even though this virus is running ramp it. I’m sorry.
    AT&T works down there and can set up your phone to be able to make calls without high rates. Check with AT&T and see what you need to do.
    I was Really sore first 48 hrs then got much better with IV cocktail they gave me. Never took opiates. I walk right away and never stopped. Happy to answer any questions.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    Blog Entries

QUICK UPDATE: Two of my ex pat cousins live in Barre de Navidad, and they said the outbreak is quite heavy. Just make the safest decision you can for now.