Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Default Re: Superbug! Help!

I tried to upload a pic of the hospital your going to but it wouldn't load. I was able to load a pic of the hotel your going too. Its nice and clean and has a nice outdoor patio. The nurses will supply you with your clear liquid diet including popsicles. They get ice from San Dieago so its safe both at the hospital and hotel. The hospital is full service meaning they have an ER and ICU. Maternity is on the same floor as the bariatric floor and the delivery rooms are next to the holding area.I got to hear the birth of a baby and see dad bring new baby out with the nurse to go up the nursery. It was fun taking laps and looking into the nursey at those cute babies. Nice distraction. OR was state of the Art. Medical supplies come from San Diego. Hotel and Hospital are about 2 blocks apart. It was safe to walk around the area and we found that cool statue of President Lincoln. E22D3E9F-6BD2-4C4D-83AD-10277C9E70B1.jpeg142A815B-DB92-485B-9432-B9D3EF63F049.jpeg For your husband there was an awsome taco truck across from the hotel. They were my husbands favorite. My husband went to a couple restaurants that were walking distance from the hotel. The restaurant at the hotel is not very good. Our drivers took a group of us to the shopping district on day 2. Got my walking in and brought some cool things home. Everything was so much cheaper than home. Our time in Mexico was a good experience. The area your going to is nice and considered upscale. I’m happy to answer any questions.
    Attached Images
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cathy C
    Surgery date
    03/11/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-22-2019 11:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks hope4me for the encouragement!

I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cathy C
    Surgery date
    03/11/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-22-2019 11:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow cool pics Tamara thanks for sharing!

6. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times

Quote Originally Posted by cathycov View Post
    Wow cool pics Tamara thanks for sharing!
    Your Welcome. Please let us know how everything goes.
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

8. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2 View Post
    Here’s some info for you. Hope this helps you learn more. Click on each screen shot to make them readable!! Attachment 28190Attachment 28191Attachment 28192Attachment 28193Attachment 28194
    Hope you're feeling better Tamera! I like how you are warning people about the problems you had in Mexico, but I think people are desperate and won't listen. The allure of cheap surgery is just too tempting. But if they would realize surgery in the states surgery is about half the price of a new car, it doesn't seem that big of a deal.

I can't even imagine that long a trip immediately after major surgery. It sounds so dangerous. I hate airplane travel when I'm well!!

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Annie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    11-29-2020 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3,565 Times
    Was Thanked 1,143 Times in 760 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 271 Times
    Blog Entries

Be safe and prayers for a healthy, positive outcome. And Tamera2, for your recovery to health as well. I had 3 strokes (not related to VGS) 1999-2001, and I've gonefrom a wheel chair, a walker, to a cane, to just me walking. (Although once in a while I need the grocery cart if my balance is weirder than normal. But such a recovery! You can do it!
    [I]HW: 240 lbs SW: 199 lbs GW: 140 lbs

1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
    5 M) = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0
    1 YR = 122.0 2 YR = 140.00 2.5 YR = 139
    Happy with my weight; happy with my size; over-the-moon with my health!

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    Hope you're feeling better Tamera! I like how you are warning people about the problems you had in Mexico, but I think people are desperate and won't listen. The allure of cheap surgery is just too tempting. But if they would realize surgery in the states surgery is about half the price of a new car, it doesn't seem that big of a deal.

I can't even imagine that long a trip immediately after major surgery. It sounds so dangerous. I hate airplane travel when I'm well!!
    Hi Sraebaer, I appreciate the feedback and think all your points made out correct. I’ll I can do is share my experience and hope it saves one person the agony I’ve gone through.
    I’m still going through a challenging time. However I’m starting to have some days were the nausea meds work and I don’t dry heave. Still on tube feeds. The doctor doesn’t know how long tha nausea and d.h will last. He’s done everything he can. So for now it’s just a waiting game. I’ll follow up in a couple weeksI’m so mad at myself. I last week we had a sunny day and I was feeling pretty good for me so I went outside for a walk but I decided to try and jog, I made it about 4 blocks when I started having pain, I ignored it and kept walking and jogging. Well that night I was up with excruciating pain. Had an MRI Sunday, the nurse called with a preliminary report, I have a tibial plateau fracture. I find out tomorrow I find out if the meniscus is involved and see what the treatment plan is. For now nurse said no weight bearing. I think An old question you had and I forgot to answer than it was gone. I had a history of severe acid reflux and a hiatal hernia, the treatment for that was a Nissan fundoplication wrap. I didn’t know you shouldn’t have the sleeve with that kind of history and that my wrap would need to be removed because the sleeve will create dangerous pressure to build up in your abdomen. Will Dr Almanza & Weightloss Agents lead me to believe he check my history and the Sleeve was a good choose for me. That was a sham and of course that’s the only surgery he does. He even lied and said he was obese and had the Sleeve surgery 5 years ago. So when you look at his thin muscular build helps you feel more comfortable. I can’t find any pics of him heavy only thin pics going back further than 5 years. Well he cut my wrap and didn’t tell me. I think my body closed it up with adhesions and it stayed closed until The pressure built up and opened the wrap back up, eventually I developed a h.hernia that dragged my sleeve stomach into my chest cavity which created lots of problems and had severe reflux and the ppi’s Did nothing including diet change, raising my head up and not laying down after eating. After getting sicker and sicker I went back to the surgeon who did my wrap and he did test to discover all my problems that started after my first year. Unfortunately revisions our very risky and The rest is history. Doctor said I should never have had the Sleeve. Bypass was the best option for my medical history. I can say Dr A caused my stroke because the hernia and sleeve up in my chest is the reason I developed A-Fib. No episodes of A-Fib since first surgery. I think if you want to stand a better chance of having the best wls for you is to go to a doctor that does more than one type. Go have a consult with a doctor not making a living receiving cash up front before you even met him. It truly has been hard concurring the life I dreamed about for years suddenly rip away from me. I can’t wait to recover and get back out there again a climb mountains, backpack,snow Shoeing and skiing again. Sorry to rattle on. Glad your doing well. Take care and enjoy the mountain trails for me.

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2 View Post
    Hi Sraebaer, I appreciate the feedback and think all your points made out correct. I’ll I can do is share my experience and hope it saves one person the agony I’ve gone through.
    I’m still going through a challenging time. However I’m starting to have some days were the nausea meds work and I don’t dry heave. Still on tube feeds. The doctor doesn’t know how long tha nausea and d.h will last. He’s done everything he can. So for now it’s just a waiting game. I’ll follow up in a couple weeksI’m so mad at myself. I last week we had a sunny day and I was feeling pretty good for me so I went outside for a walk but I decided to try and jog, I made it about 4 blocks when I started having pain, I ignored it and kept walking and jogging. Well that night I was up with excruciating pain. Had an MRI Sunday, the nurse called with a preliminary report, I have a tibial plateau fracture. I find out tomorrow I find out if the meniscus is involved and see what the treatment plan is. For now nurse said no weight bearing. I think An old question you had and I forgot to answer than it was gone. I had a history of severe acid reflux and a hiatal hernia, the treatment for that was a Nissan fundoplication wrap. I didn’t know you shouldn’t have the sleeve with that kind of history and that my wrap would need to be removed because the sleeve will create dangerous pressure to build up in your abdomen. Will Dr Almanza & Weightloss Agents lead me to believe he check my history and the Sleeve was a good choose for me. That was a sham and of course that’s the only surgery he does. He even lied and said he was obese and had the Sleeve surgery 5 years ago. So when you look at his thin muscular build helps you feel more comfortable. I can’t find any pics of him heavy only thin pics going back further than 5 years. Well he cut my wrap and didn’t tell me. I think my body closed it up with adhesions and it stayed closed until The pressure built up and opened the wrap back up, eventually I developed a h.hernia that dragged my sleeve stomach into my chest cavity which created lots of problems and had severe reflux and the ppi’s Did nothing including diet change, raising my head up and not laying down after eating. After getting sicker and sicker I went back to the surgeon who did my wrap and he did test to discover all my problems that started after my first year. Unfortunately revisions our very risky and The rest is history. Doctor said I should never have had the Sleeve. Bypass was the best option for my medical history. I can say Dr A caused my stroke because the hernia and sleeve up in my chest is the reason I developed A-Fib. No episodes of A-Fib since first surgery. I think if you want to stand a better chance of having the best wls for you is to go to a doctor that does more than one type. Go have a consult with a doctor not making a living receiving cash up front before you even met him. It truly has been hard concurring the life I dreamed about for years suddenly rip away from me. I can’t wait to recover and get back out there again a climb mountains, backpack,snow Shoeing and skiing again. Sorry to rattle on. Glad your doing well. Take care and enjoy the mountain trails for me.
    So, so sorry you aren't better yet! The mountains will still be there when you are ready! Sending love and prayers.

14. Said thanks:

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer View Post
    So, so sorry you aren't better yet! The mountains will still be there when you are ready! Sending love and prayers.
    Thank you, I appreciate your prayers. Fortunately I didn’t tear the meniscus. F/U in 5 weeks and doctor will recheck injury. Take care

Last Activity
    08-17-2021 03:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

i hope everything go fine with you