Dr. Robert Casias
    Last Activity
    06-13-2019 03:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 30 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 1 Week Post Op

Good Morning, I am now one week post op.

I feel better than I have in a long time. Have not taken any pain meds since leaving the hospital. I have been on protein shakes and yogurt since Sunday and hitting my liquid goals and protein goals daily. But since starting this stage I have stopped loosing weight and having BM's. (sorry if TMI)

I have heard of the 3 week plateau but not the 4 day plateau. Before when loosing weight I would always hit 298/299 and plateau. I am 300.2 today. I have been at 301 since Sunday when I stopped clears and moved on to shakes and yogurt. I don't feel backed up and since surgery I have not felt the urge to pee, but I just make it a point a few times a day to go.

The other weird issue is I noticed is a have a huge bruise on the back of my right upper arm and I have a pain in my head right behind my right ear that hurts when I turn my head.

For both issues I called the office and the charge nurse told me to take Tylenol for my head and referred me to the coordinator for the BM issue. So I am waiting on a call back.

Hope this is not whinny, it is just my update. Overall I feel amazing and I am very thankful for my new tool as I already see major changes in my body, neck and face with 9 pounds gone.

Hope everyone else is well!

HW: 393 (June 2017)
    SW: 309 (February 5, 2019)
    W1: 300.2 (February 13, 2019)
    W2: 295.6 (February 20, 2019)
    W3: 293.0 (February 26, 2019) 100 lbs lost!!!!
    1M: 289.3 (March 6, 2019)

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/25/2018
    Last Activity
    06-21-2020 05:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 69 Times in 41 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Re: 1 Week Post Op

Everyone gets a post surgery stall. Usually at 3 weeks but can be 1-6 weeks. It's the most common post on these boards. You will also get them at other times. I weigh daily and it'll go even, up, even, down a half, up, and then one morning I'll be four pounds lighter. It's weird, just stick to the program and it'll work over time. There will be weeks with no loss or even gain.

BM's is most likely dietary and volume. Low or No carbs dries them out and you can get constipated, they'll let you know what's ok to take, for me it was Colace. Your generally going to go less because you are consuming less, twice a week is perfectly normal.

You are doing great!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Sounds like you are doing perfectly! Don't worry about your weight right now, you body is in shock. If you are doing everything right (sounds like you are!) the pounds will start falling off quickly. It would be better just to stay off you scale for a week or two so you don't stress about it.

I was told to take Mirolax, but also that less in means less out. Especially when you are not eating solid food. Also a pretty common problem.

Just keep an eye on the other issues. A bruise sounds like nothing, but if the headache doesn't go away, get help. I won't tell you that's how they found my benign brain tumor....

Name
    Cassie
    Surgery date
    02/05/2019
    Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Casias
    Last Activity
    06-13-2019 03:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 30 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jackalope81 View Post
    Everyone gets a post surgery stall. Usually at 3 weeks but can be 1-6 weeks. It's the most common post on these boards. You will also get them at other times. I weigh daily and it'll go even, up, even, down a half, up, and then one morning I'll be four pounds lighter. It's weird, just stick to the program and it'll work over time. There will be weeks with no loss or even gain.

BM's is most likely dietary and volume. Low or No carbs dries them out and you can get constipated, they'll let you know what's ok to take, for me it was Colace. Your generally going to go less because you are consuming less, twice a week is perfectly normal.

You are doing great!
    Thank you. I agree Colace has been in my normal regiment for a while now as I was in a major accident (which is why my surgery was delayed 11 months ago). I have been taking two in the morning and two at night since I have been home from the hospital. The funniest part is as soon as I post this I went.....SMH.

Thanks for the words. Very helpful.

HW: 393 (June 2017)
    SW: 309 (February 5, 2019)
    W1: 300.2 (February 13, 2019)
    W2: 295.6 (February 20, 2019)
    W3: 293.0 (February 26, 2019) 100 lbs lost!!!!
    1M: 289.3 (March 6, 2019)

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    09/04/2017
    Surgeon
    Stephanie Ulmer
    Last Activity
    05-24-2021 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 797 Times
    Was Thanked 909 Times in 702 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 750 Times
    Blog Entries

As above you will be just fine as long as you stick to your surgeons programme - and they are all different!
    Your body has been through a lot and just needs to catch up with itself.
    Any concerns though continue to contact your surgeon's office.
    You are doing great and you will see continued success.
    Every day it just gets better and better :-)

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

So I had horrible constipation the first 10 months or so. I had stool softeners twice a day and also had to use enemas and suppositories. It was horrid. I was told to try high potency Magnesium 400mg softgels to help with that. I can tell you that it has kept me regular. I take it every day and was told by my surgeon that it is safe for sleeved people. I take one before bed every night. I was told I can safely take 2. It relaxes your muscles. As for the stall, I had an early stall and felt the same as you. But it happens to almost everyone. And the best thing you can do is relax. You will lose the weight. Just trust the process.