03/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rossi
    Last Activity
    04-15-2019 04:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Unhappy Almost at my 6 year anniversary point...

Hey everyone!

So March will be my six year mark post gastric sleeve surgery. At my best I was down over 160 pounds from my start weight and hit 190 lbs at six feet tall. To get to that point I had started weighing six or seven times a day and I would only eat small amounts of protein. I would get light-headed and need to hold onto walls for support yet I still never reached my goal weight of 170. I finally started eating normally again and began to drink alcohol once I turned 21. At almost 6 years out I have kept off around 100 lbs, but I am upset about my gain back. I’ve also noticed in the last year or so I have been getting terrible acid reflux and the past few months any time I eat something I feel like I need to vomit from nausea and stomach upset. I’ve moved away from the area in which I had my surgery and have talked to my new primary care doctor. They want me to have an endoscopy to see what is going on, but they believe the base of my esophagus is expanding and causing the issue while my stomach is still the gastric sleeve size. If this is the cause they will want to go back in and do a r&y procedure. I wanted to join an online support group to help work on losing the gain back off, but I also want to know if anyone has had issues like this, this far out ? I’m currently waiting for the scheduler to call about the endoscopy, but I’m really not sure if I’d want to go through with another surgery.

Thoughts and advice would be great,
    -H

2. The following 12 users said welcome BlazingEmber to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Almost at my 6 year anniversary point...

I have heard of people who have to convert to bypass due to acid reflux. Sorry you are going through this.